How are you doing tonight?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tybault Windsor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Hmm....

Just a whisper of a voice
Carried far by the wind

"Too dangerous to release
We balance it again
So precarious a situation
Yet rise again to the top
Very, very hard to play
Once learned requires a team to stop
Focus it down and it goes pop"

Is "This character is difficult to play" a meritable balancing point?

That was the thing that defined Irelia, Lee Sin, Orianna, and Zed's power, and they were all problem children at one point or another. People "unlocked the secrets" and it was all downhill from there.

But you also have characters like Garen, Ashe, and Annie who are incredibly straight-forward yet arguably as strong.

How much skill input equals winning output?

Daen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-02-2013

Quote:
What's on your mind?
Just throwing this out there:

You, Xelnath, are a perfect example of everything I want to be in a developer. So much above-and-beyond community outreach, ah lurve it.

Sanovah

11-02-2013

Xel what are you most looking forward to in the preseason changes?

I'm personally really excited to see the new supports people will come up with and the prospect of still being able to play a mage even if mid lane I'd taken

House of Hell

11-02-2013

I'm writing right now...trying to finish my fourth book. A bit stressed (I'm a High School teacher in Buenos Aires). Today I plugged in my NES and my old ATARI 2600 (It still works! =D It's the one without the wood veneer). Then I went to my brother's house in order to play some boardgames like Android:Netrunner and Power Grid.

Snark Maul

11-02-2013

Quote:
We balance it again
Very, very hard to play
So what I'm hearing is it's a high skillcap champ that is designed to be in top lane? Riot also wants to be very careful in balancing it doesn't need many nerfs later on. That... or Renekton's getting a nerf?

Mynt

11-02-2013

Quote:
Hmm....

Just a whisper of a voice
Carried far by the wind

We balance it again
Very, very hard to play
Mmm, based on some other Rioters comments about the 117th, I'm sensing something airplane themed. Can I geta hint? It really leaves this champion's type up in the air. I had some ideas take off over my head, but they were stopped mid-flight before they could land.

Bump for more of Xelnath'swords, before I gota jet.

Mokkun

11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDragonArmy View Post
I played a bit on the PBE, and even when behind, their support was a force to be reckoned with. I saw 500+ power Janna shields, from the opposing team, who was losing horribly.
My point wasn't our capacity to afford them, but more our reason to buy the AP in the first place.

Utility items have low to no AP. As long as they are worth buying for utility's sake, even with money, we won't have 500AP or whatever. So either those items become useless, or we don't get the AP we're being balanced for.

hotbod69

11-02-2013

Hey Xelnath! I was wondering how game changing are the changes you're implementing going to be? I like Change (most of the time) and i've read some of the things you're doing in s4 and I agree with jungle and support changes. but do you think its going to take a lot of adapting to get used to the changes?

Red Ryu

11-02-2013

Quote:
What's on your mind?
I realized I like to play teemo and everyone hates me for it.

But I embrace it.

Sanovah

11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre3694 View Post
So what I'm hearing is it's a high skillcap champ that is designed to be in top lane? Riot also wants to be very careful in balancing it doesn't need many nerfs later on. That... or Renekton's getting a nerf?
Read the same stuff, but I thought it had been "confirmed" that 117 was a mid mage since we have Vi who is supposedly her sister and CertainlyT has already made a top, but not a mage