How are you doing tonight?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mutagenaric

11-01-2013

I'm doing pretty ok! Watching Cider's stream, gonna play some games, write some more for nano, drink a lotta caffeine (which is apparently good for you!)... stuff like that.

Ironstryde

11-01-2013

Also... thinking about Kha'Zix. Just bought him today. He is silly fun. He has some interesting decisions when engaging/disengaging. I like champions with options.

BlueBuffDeVourNR

11-01-2013

I'm sitting here on the forums wondering if season 2 for the anime, Pandora Hearts, will ever be made. While I ponder on that I also anticipate the next chapter for the manga it's based on next month. I swear, every chapter leaves me at a cliffhanger, especially these last 2.

KuroShadow

11-01-2013

Xelnath can you get the proper person to have a look at this http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4001048 and see what's up?

GhostStalker

11-01-2013

Xelnath. You are one of my favorite rioters. That is all.

Also Sivir is fun as hell, if you had a hand in her remake, thank you!

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

11-01-2013
10 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
I had a dream where bart simpson invested in the first ever catgirl manga writer and made millions back in the 70's.

So I'm doing quite well.
... Man, that makes the dream I had last night where I rode my motorcycle into a concrete wall and had to have my brain repaired by Nurse Joy seem lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider0ne View Post
May I participate in this discussion?

I believe that it would depend on what type of game you are looking at, such as a board game, a tabletop RPG, or something like League. Depending on the goals of the game, lets say a board game, giving everyone equal opportunities that aren't guaranteed to happen seems to work quite well. Things with an element of randomness, such as rolling dice and drawing cards, work well as long as there isn't some kind of result that is exceptionally rare and overbearing (instantly winning the game type of things.)

But I think that a discussion on dynamic balance would make for interesting conversation. I think the important thing in any type of advancement style RPG is having a niche that is defined by what your class (table top RPG) or character (MOBA) is strong at and weak against. For example, in D&D, the Fighter class fights. They have a severely lacking amount of class skills, very little skill points to use, and have no access to spells. But they can fight in any way they want through their bonus feats. Conversely, the Wizard has almost 0 combat skills (not counting combat spells) but they can cast a myriad of spells to help them with almost everything imaginable. I think that this trade-off of power and utility to make specific niche character types is what makes a multiplayer game fun, interesting, and the best way to balance out the game. Class A will be/is supposed to be good at Action A and can't/can barely do Action B while Class B will be/is supposed to be suited for Action B but can perform Action A and C if need be.
It's good that you're trying to establish an abstraction (general system you can reapply agnostic of genre) however, it's a bit shallow.

What you're trying to get at here is:
  • Conditional Strengths
  • Exploitable Weaknesses
  • Randomness which creates variance but not unrecoverably so

Strawberrycocoa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2013

I am trying to draw my next webcomic and get a start on a novella that's been bouncing around my head, but I keep getting distracted by the call to League. XD

Not sure how I feel about the Morgana changes.

Xandriia

11-01-2013

Feeling pretty bummed about Zyra nerfs currently. Did the hard climb from Silver to Plat with her and don't know what to do with myself in this game. In other words:

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...1#post42672214

SlVIR

11-01-2013

Red hot chili peppers or nirvana?

choose wisely

Sanovah

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
What's on your mind?
Pretty good. Watching some anime while I take a LoL break because of how on tilt I am atm. Also hoping for some champ 117 anything in the next week or two.