How are you doing tonight?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

11-01-2013
5 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryad Soraka View Post
Hey Xelnath. I love you.

Are we getting new Soraka ability icons soon?
I love you too, but not the gooey, sticky kind of love. Just the way that I love fruit smoothies and sunshine.

I don't think Soraka's on the near horizon - we're focused on other champs at the moment. I am not allowed to say which... except that one of them is awesome and unexpected.

Ganjakaiser

11-01-2013

Wondering why decisions I make at 16 will effect the next 40+ years of my life

Bad Galoshes

11-01-2013

Xelnath I'd be curious to know if either you or anybody else in the Riot development team played any of the original DotA? Was a game that had superb competitive play despite having no official development support.

Masked Anathema

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2013

I'm scared about marriage, graduating college, finding a job in business intelligence (despite it being a rapidly growing field,)working 35 hours a week on top of school work, dealing with getting a green card/citizenship for my wife-to-be, and a whole lot of other things.

Life's coming at me kinda fast, yo.

Xelnath

Systems Designer

11-01-2013
6 of 24 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nampoosh View Post
Currently not on fire, not sure if this is a good thing.
If your name is Brand, please see a doctor or Annie immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxe Out View Post
Wondering if I should have gone out tonight. Some nights I just feel anti-social.
When I feel this way, the answer is usually "Yes". Friends are good for the soul, and bring out your social side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViashinoWizard View Post
My severely impaired ability to connect current actions with their consequences in the vague future is destroying my health and college career. I have no idea how I'll be able to live on my own, let alone get and hold a steady job.
It sounds like you know what you need to do. Stop. Breathe. Then act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eludeasaurus View Post
aaand my night was just ruined...

I finished the most recent Ace Attorney game. this feeling of emptiness that the game is over, its worse than finishing a good book. :[
I LOVE THAT SERIES SO MUCH. LETS BE FRIENDS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
What's on your mind?
I'm having a really conflicted day

My cat was hit by a car and died today, but I also got to gold after grinding for a month

Hm.

Attachment 816697

I'm sorry bud. Hang in there. *hug*

PrefaceOfTheGods

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Sure, let's talk about balance. But not any specific champion's balance. Let's talk about what it takes to balance a game as a whole, while keeping interesting parts of the game maximally imbalanced.

What do you think is the secret to this magical mix?
Engagement.

There is literally no such thing as 'perfect balance', since the amount of possibilities severely outwits that of the creators foresight, no exceptions. For all we know, AP Aatrox could see play in Worlds 2017.

In this case, the clear answer is to instead engage the player to a point where these things are discovered at an increased pace, to a result that not only gives the developers more to work with, but tools for the player to counteract anything thrown at them through different builds, essentially allowing the game to balance itself out.

The exceptions being things with no counterplay that cannot be played against.

So, the two answers are Counterplay, and Engagement.

Nasuuna

11-01-2013

lonely, wishing I could get off my ass and meet people.

ya know, **** you have explained 50 times on the forums but i can't bring myself to do to preconceived notions of the girls I meet.

Arkaia

11-01-2013

I won my first game as a Jungler so.. pretty happy.

Wow I'm pitiful

OneDragonArmy

11-01-2013

ITT: life is getting real

Surakai

11-01-2013

irritated that Riot feels like it's better to force the same bad jungle items on every jungler (even more now with the coming changes) instead of forcing smite on junglers (which we all seem to take anyways) by adding additional gold and damage to monsters to it as a passive.