How are people doing so well with Sivir?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henry Plainview

11-01-2013

According to lolking her winrate is currently a fairly absurd 55% even in ranked, but she feels sooo weak to me, her AS is garbage without Ricochet up, and the removal of the base damage and longer cooldown makes me feel like I have no dueling power. What am I doing wrong?

Phreak

Shoutcaster

11-01-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Sivir isn't a duelist.

She's incredible at buffing her team, pushing/wave clear, and AoEing in a team fight.

Voidgolem

11-01-2013

boomerang blade hits like a runaway train. Build accordingly.

Spankin DaBagel

11-01-2013

You aren't abusing her ability to push like a maniac.

Coolcat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2013

What are you doing wrong? Your gullably swallowing the GD QQ about her, instead of playing her in an unbiased fashion.

Sleipnir of Hel

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
She's incredible at buffing her team
Never forget, AS boost on ult.

Ryc Nairda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Sivir isn't a duelist.

She's incredible at buffing her team, pushing/wave clear, and AoEing in a team fight.
Why would I pick Sivir (Other than her move speed buff) over Jinx who can push waves better and deal more AOE damage with her Q?

YourEffortsAreIn

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defeated YMIR View Post
Why would I pick Sivir (Other than her move speed buff) over Jinx who can push waves better and deal more AOE damage with her Q?
Because that's actually an incorrect statement and Jinx's AoE really isn't all that great for anything outside of killing minions that you intentionally grouped up.

Don't what was with the downvotes; it's true. The AoE is nice but it's pretty minor so unless the enemy team is either A: retarded at positioning in a teamfight or B: you have an ori who hits a good ult you're usually just going to hit 2 targets at best.

When it comes to teamfights (and to a lesser extent, creepwaves), sivir has much more ability to hit multiple targets with ricochet than jinx does with fishbones.

Henry Plainview

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolcat View Post
What are you doing wrong? Your gullably swallowing the GD QQ about her, instead of playing her in an unbiased fashion.
In S2 Sivir was my favorite ad carry for a little while (but then I gave up when Caitlyn started being in every damn game), but all I've been doing so far is either feeding or feeling like I am not making any contribution to my team.

PoPoParfait

11-01-2013

gotta go fast

12345 ... 7