what are league points

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AndrewDoingWork

11-01-2013

so when i go to my profile it says the amount of ranked games ive played and the number ive won next to my icon, what are the points on the other side of my icon? if it goes to a certain number will i be promoted/demoted?

AndrewDoingWork

11-01-2013

bump

IVI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-01-2013

100 League points is promotion to next division or tier depending on your current division.

AndrewDoingWork

11-01-2013

if i have 0, will i be demoted into the lower division?

RipCarlin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewDoingWork View Post
if i have 0, will i be demoted into the lower division?
If you lose enough while sitting @ 0 LP, you CAN be demoted to the previous division. You cannot however be demoted to the previous tier (Plat > Gold > Silver, etc,.) unless you don't play for 28+ days while sitting at 0 LP in division V.

AndrewDoingWork

11-01-2013

does a dodge in champ select count as a loss? i heard u lose points if u dodge in champ select

Phreak

Shoutcaster

11-01-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewDoingWork View Post
does a dodge in champ select count as a loss? i heard u lose points if u dodge in champ select
A dodge deducts 10 LP (I think), or gives you a loss if you're in a promotion series.

Sleipnir of Hel

11-01-2013

3 LP for the first dodge actually. I think its like, if you dodge again in 24 hours, the next one is 10 LP, and the number only goes up.

hotbod69

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
A dodge deducts 10 LP (I think), or gives you a loss if you're in a promotion series.
its 3 points last i checked bud.

Turtle vs Beaver

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleipnir of Hel View Post
3 LP for the first dodge actually. I think its like, if you dodge again in 24 hours, the next one is 10 LP, and the number only goes up.
Pretty sure it's within 4 hours and the timer before you can rejoin a game goes up significantly as well.