@Riot Can you alteast give new Nasus's ult a similiar sand aura ?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talymar

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Someone will likely have to answer this question better than I will but one thing to point out is that Nasus was never actually sand-based in any direct way. He sucks your power directly from you. None of his powers are actually sand-based. Once I had that explained to me, I was like "Oh... Yeah you're right!"
He is "the Curator of the Sands", his ultimate is named "Fury of the Sands", and the official description for his ultimate says "Nasus unleashes a mighty sandstorm that batters nearby enemies."

Oh... Yeah you're right!

Piamette

11-01-2013

The sand in his name and his ult doesn't refer to sand itself, but to the dryness of the desert that drains his enemies of their strength.

Sophitia

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piamette View Post
The sand in his name and his ult doesn't refer to sand itself, but to the dryness of the desert that drains his enemies of their strength.
The desert isn't full of sand?

ToiletBewbs

11-01-2013

Comb the desert!

iRabidwulf

11-01-2013

Quote:
I had gotten a more Anubis vibe myself, but I'm really not the best source for this information.

Someone will likely have to answer this question better than I will but one thing to point out is that Nasus was never actually sand-based in any direct way. He sucks your power directly from you. None of his powers are actually sand-based. Once I had that explained to me, I was like "Oh... Yeah you're right!"
Set is Anubis father so getting that vibe would mean you also felt he was like Set since they are basically the same looking you just didn't know they are related

Piamette

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia View Post
The desert isn't full of sand?
He's based off of one of the gods of death and judgement, not the god of sand. Also, yes, the desert is full of sand. When you see the word "Sand" you usually either think of a beach or a hot, dry desert.

Jannas Thong

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piamette View Post
He's based off of one of the gods of death and judgement, not the god of sand. Also, yes, the desert is full of sand. When you see the word "Sand" you usually either think of a beach or a hot, dry desert.
Pretty sure what he's "based on" is pretty irrelevant.

"Let's make him even more unoriginal"

GG curator of the sands.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

11-01-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangman401 View Post
Does that mean we're getting a sand based champion next?
AFAIK this was at least partially a clarity thing. It's actually pretty important to know if you're inside of the AoE of his ultimate or not. A hard-line "here's the edge of my ulti" circle under his feet is much better for that than "there's some sand around me... it might be touching you."

Phreak

Shoutcaster

11-01-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talymar View Post
He is "the Curator of the Sands", his ultimate is named "Fury of the Sands", and the official description for his ultimate says "Nasus unleashes a mighty sandstorm that batters nearby enemies."

Oh... Yeah you're right!
Fair point :P

hashinshin

11-01-2013

Quote:
AFAIK this was at least partially a clarity thing. It's actually pretty important to know if you're inside of the AoE of his ultimate or not. A hard-line "here's the edge of my ulti" circle under his feet is much better for that than "there's some sand around me... it might be touching you."
Will Sunfire be getting a similar red radius?

And will Renekton's ult be getting the same?

And will Vayne have a red radius around 1,000 spaces of her to show where you will die?

and can teemo shrooms get a red radius to show explosion range?

And can heimer's turrets get a red radius to show range?

I'd also like to see some red lines on singeds' poison, gragas's barrel, Nami's ultimate, Janna's tornado.