As a Zyra main, what do I do?

12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xandriia

10-31-2013

I've been playing Zyra since she came out, and basically only Zyra (very rarely support Ashe when the mood strikes me). I took her from Silver 4 to Plat 5. I learned to play her so well that I could counter my counters.

I honestly wasn't expecting these nerfs to hit as hard as they have. It's like I do absolutely nothing early and mid game. It especially hurts with the slew of Morgana's popping up that just got monstrously buffed. She snares and chunks a third of my life, I W+Q and it's like I'm tickling her.

I've always started boots pots (3 mana 1 health) to deal with her mobility issues. Then after that I would get catalyst to get some sustain in lane, it always worked for me. Now I'm having to try and build ap early on which is killing my mana and sustain. Not to mention even with the extra ap, I still don't do what I used to in terms of poke. I can't wait until I go up against a Kass, or Fizz, or Zed, then I can do nothing pre AND post 6!

It's really upsetting because I love Zyra so much, she's the best champ in this game, and most games. Even when I take a break from League to revisit something like Legend of Mana I name my character Zyra.

What can I do to compensate for these nerfs?

By the way, I'd like to thank Riot for ignoring the people who stuck with Zyra mid even after her initial nerfs because of her being played as support.

CrownPuff

10-31-2013

Zyra's damage was incredibly insane from both support and mid perspectives. Zyra is still ok, her win rate will still hover around 50%. Meanwhile Ahri is completely dead.

TonySoprano2013

10-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPuff View Post
Zyra's damage was incredibly insane from both support and mid perspectives. Zyra is still ok, her win rate will still hover around 50%. Meanwhile Ahri is completely dead.
zyra wasnt that OP. supports took so many nerfs she became viable. I am way better at zyra than ahri but now ahri is wayyyy better than zyra

JK6 FORCE

10-31-2013

These nerfs did NOTHING. That's right, absolutely nothing.

She STILL sends out loads of damage, in both roles. Her early game nerf is a love tap at best. Range decrease? Wow, guess I'll move two steps closer.

They did a good job at lowering the damage, but making other things less abusive. Not to mention that the numbers on her nerfs are so small, it's barely noticable.

Go ahead and play her mid. She can still mess up an group of people with just E+W.

CrownPuff

10-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySoprano2013 View Post
zyra wasnt that OP. supports took so many nerfs she became viable. I am way better at zyra than ahri but now ahri is wayyyy better than zyra
How about we let the numbers do the talking when they come out in 2 days? Kk?

DingDong392

10-31-2013

oh sweet shes getting nerfed
one less champion to worry about

Xandriia

10-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPuff View Post
Is this a troll post? Her win rate is mostly from supports, also Ahri has ridiculous burst damage compared to Zyra, always has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK6 FORCE View Post
These nerfs did NOTHING. That's right, absolutely nothing.

She STILL sends out loads of damage, in both roles. Her early game nerf is a love tap at best. Range decrease? Wow, guess I'll move two steps closer.

They did a good job at lowering the damage, but making other things less abusive. Not to mention that the numbers on her nerfs are so small, it's barely noticable.

Go ahead and play her mid. She can still mess up an group of people with just E+W.
But..that's not true. My early game has been completely ****ed. I changed nothing about my build, or my playstyle, and the damage is just not there anymore. Also it's not like she was a spammy ap before, but she isn't close to one now. Pretty hard to keep up with most other ap mids that can spam their abilities.

I don't think you're understanding that I have played Zyra nonstop since she came out. I didn't think the nerfs would be too huge a deal when I first heard about them, but now that I've played her in a few games, I know that's not the case. They really have just relegated her to the support role now, and that's not how she should be played.

Also E+W is not where it's at. I always poked with my Q and then used my E for going all in. Q is basically a non ability now.

Xandriia

10-31-2013

Up for answers.

7SINENVY

10-31-2013

You just need to operate as a Support differently, think more in terms of wards and C.C. Her C.C. really didn't get hit that hard, ya sure the Stun doesn't last as long as it used to, but it still is a stun. You still have Grasping roots to make you a kick ass support. And as long as you got decent items and a good utility mastery tree, you'll do just fine. Just have to rely more on your ADC is all. Thats what happened to me when the Thresh nerfs hit, totally f*cked my game for a few days but when sheerly utilizing his C.C. and not concerning too much about the damage, it really isn't that bad. Is it Holy sh*t amazing as it used t one for Zyra, oh hell no, there is a difference and don't let anyone tell you different, its pretty much made Banner of Command a core item now which is sad. Yet she is still a very viable Support with great counter play against certain champions. Since really, having sweet damage as a support is a bonus, a support can still be epic with good C.C., vision, and mobility.

Shah Boo

10-31-2013

you stop maining a champion

12345 ... 11