Update Failed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

10-30-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWager215 View Post
Tried that a few times - no luck still. Pretty bad patch from the looks of it, seems they broke a ton of **** and alot of people cant even get it patched.
Are you sure you don't have any antivirus installed? Not even Microsoft security essentials? Every player I've talked with that has the same issue you have has been due to an issue with antivirus software.

Sigil Slave Zero

10-30-2013

Same issue. Fails at 33% ran it as admin, my Antivirus is off. I use webroot. It's been of for a year and I certainly don't use other programs! help!Also ran a repair

Supatease

10-30-2013

I've tried reinstalling/running as admin/turning off anti virus and fire wall/repair and none of them has worked for me.

Oathkeeper91

10-31-2013

I'm in a similar situation. I don't have any antivirus software, I'm running Windows 7, and I wasn't able to even patch. I kept getting an error message, which I'll attach below.
I read somewhere on the EU forums that you can copy the C:/RiotGames/LeagueofLegens/RADS/solutions folder from someone who has a non-bugged client, and it should fix the problem, so I tried copying my roommates folder since his client is up and working without any problems. However, the problem I ran into with that was that when copying over the folder, it told me I needed "permission from everyone to complete this action", even though I'm the only account on my laptop. It's weird though, because even though I got that specific error message, enough files under /RADS/soltuions copied over for me to at least log into the client and interact with everything. But with THAT, because I wasn't able to copy over everything for whatever odd reason, my games won't launch after champion select, so now I'm at an impasse.
It should also be noted that after 5 hours of failed patching (this is before I went to the solution above), I uninstalled my client and re-installed, but that didn't work either.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg LoL_bugged_10_30_13.jpg (123.3 KB, 24 views)

Oathkeeper91

10-31-2013

At this point, I'm probably just going to revert my computer to a previous time and try the patch again... That way I'll atleast have more current logs for you guys to see. I just wanna play... is that so wrong? :'(

Oathkeeper91

10-31-2013

Yeah jut did a systems restore. Did absolutely nothing. Still can't load games. Here are my logs :/

Attached Files
File Type: log 2013-10-31T08-52-22_launcher.log (34.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: log 2013-10-31T08-12-29_launcher.log (32.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: log 2013-10-30T23-29-35_launcher.log (32.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: log 2013-10-30T22-46-50_launcher.log (32.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: log 2013-10-30T22-45-21_launcher.log (32.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: log 2013-10-30T21-12-13_launcher.log (33.6 KB, 14 views)

Daedälus

10-31-2013

Im having the exact same problem...

Daedälus

10-31-2013

I have no anti virus software ran league as admin and everything but it wont patch period... 99% update failed every single time.. I need help Dannamoth.

SoHighs

10-31-2013

Make exceptions in your firewalls and antiviruses for your league of legends... Search your computer files there maybe an antivirus program active that you weren't aware of, like myself lol. I got it all patched up and running now. but be warned youre not missing much, theres so much lag with this patch.. makes most of my games unplayable