Nasus visual update: old dog, new stick

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

baniished

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAether View Post
Fun fact: the title for this thread came about because I didn't know exactly what to call Nasus's weapon, so I repeatedly referred to it as a stick during editorial QA. RiotExLibris eventually clarified that it's a halberd :P
YO, COOL STORY BRO. NOW ABOUT THAT VOICE.

rito pls

Silver Raven

10-30-2013

Quote:
Fun fact: the title for this thread came about because I didn't know exactly what to call Nasus's weapon, so I repeatedly referred to it as a stick during editorial QA. RiotExLibris eventually clarified that it's a halberd :P
Can we keep the new dog but with the old voice?

Either way, we need to talk...

GhostStalker

10-30-2013

Quote:
long live the stick!

Zaenos

10-30-2013

Quote:
I always thought of it more as a shillelagh. An Egyptian shillelagh.

StanielK

10-30-2013

His skirt looks weird. In the center image, it looks like it goes out, then down. I started at it for like, 10 min. before I figured out that it wasn't actually doing that. The skirt in general is just a bit busy.
Pharaoh and Dreadknight look dope though.

RtMbot

10-30-2013

You're changing the voice?
THE VOICE?

THE BEAUTIFUL VOICE?

Oh this new voiceover has BIG shoes to fill.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2013

Can we have voice packs that we can select independently of skins?

ice654

10-30-2013

Please don't change his splashart to some ****ty "dynamic pose" disaster like sivir's

Squippit

10-30-2013

Do you at least have a clip of the new voice for us? You know, to help us decide whether or not to come to Riot HQ with torches and pitchforks?

For toasting marshmallows of course. We would want to throw a marshmallow party if it's good.

Also, I am now very glad Dreadknight got a visual update. Bought it cheap on sale forever ago for the sole sake that I wanted a skin and it was cheap and on sale :P But it looked like ****. Now it doesn't. Thanks

Ququroon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

10-30-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purodyuusaa View Post
I love it Riot, but please be careful. There are those among us that respect the voice over of Nasus because the original actor is deceased. Please don't change it too much.
Sadly, as you mentioned Nasus’ original voice actor passed away some time ago.

We definitely hear the sentiment you voiced, and we’ve been very conscious of the community’s love (as well as our own) for Nasus’ original voiceover while working on his update.

The number of lines included in new champion voiceover has expanded significantly (from 16 to around 45 in Nasus’ case) since Nasus originally made his debut, but during the process of updating Nasus we’ve done everything possible to preserve the spirit of the original voiceover.