@Phreak, you're better off as a live balancer that shoutcaster

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nasuuna

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles K View Post
Yes, it does, but that's her entire burst. Have you ever been hit by a Soulflare? That hurts like a ****ing ***** too. The question was what Sivir could do in that situation that stands out.
not sure how it is now

but double q auto +reset would do about 900 damage at level 9 with a bf sword and double dorans

MisterSandman93

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I don't know how you chose those words. Boomerang Blade in fact deals damage when passing through minions. It deals X% more damage when minions do not block it. Nidalee moves X% faster when moving through brush. Yet on one side it's, "Well that's just a benefit" and on the other it's "messed up...crippled...no damage...abysmal."

Champions have strengths and weaknesses. I think it's pretty easy to look at Sivir's kit and go, "Nope, not a duelist." Thankfully, there's a lot of things that Sivir does that make up for it. Go follow up on a Nautilus ultimate. Go make Olaf hilariously difficult to deal with. Go make your bruisers get directly on top of that poor helpless Kog'Maw who has 700 range and no movement speed to get away.

The Sivir of old, who was my #2 most played by the end of beta, was "Girl why spams a million bouncing ricochets." This iteration pushes her as far in role as Live Design is comfortable with. Infinite bounces, something she never even had before. I'm not good at crystallizing why the toggled version from beta was removed, but I trust their judgment there. I'm personally really excited to play her.
So would you build Sivir like an ad caster? If so, what items would be in that build?

Tortferngatr

10-30-2013

I think that Boomerang Blade changes the equation on Ricochet significantly--Ricochet gives her a tool for fighting enemies in minion waves, Boomerang Blade gives her a tool for fighting out of minion waves that also happens to scale incredibly well with bonus AD.

Time will tell if the things Sivir can do well justify her over other picks, however--her single target damage just seems too low by the standards of other AD picks.

Lasie

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Mental pressure. When Ricochet is active, you have to perform additional positional evaluation - "Being near minions is risky". If its a limited resource, then you just go "okay, I stay away from minions for 3 shots, then I can get near them to farm again"

If it can be turned on/off at will, you're basically forced to never be near minions.

This is similar to the problem Xerath Rework had when you could spam his high-range ult shots without cooldown. It wasn't that they were undodgable, it was that you had to be mentally prepared to dodge at all times.

so like karthus

turulHAARP

10-30-2013

Luna is still a better hero.Sorry :/

Phreak

Shoutcaster

10-30-2013
7 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles K View Post
Nidalee can still move really fast even when not in brush. She's good all the time and great in brush. Sivir is OK under specific circumstances and really disappointing elsewhere. That's the difference.

OK, I'm probably going to look stupid here. What is Sivir supposed to do to follow up a Nautilus ultimate that any other champion in the game wouldn't do better? All she can do is walk up within 500 range of the guy who got ulted and hit him with a couple of not-particularly-amazing autos.

I think Kog will win that fight. She doesn't make people CC-immune and Kog is a lifestealing monster. Also, Karma or any Philo-building support can fill Sivir's role there and it doesn't cost you your marksman slot.
That's the crux of the issue. Saying that, by default, "Sivir sux" is not the right way of approaching things. Just as Nidalee's passive only works sometimes, Sivir's Q only deals full damage sometimes. It has high points and low points. And the point of the rework here is to give Sivir more cool things. Sivir wave clears like a boss. She is resilient to poke, and messes with a lot of lane dynamics due to Spell Shield.

But the biggest one, is the answer to your second question: Her ultimate. It's a four second 60% movement speed boost. That is freaking massive. That's the follow up to the Nautilus ultimate. That's the follow up to Nami ultimate. That's going to make your Jungle Udyr unkiteable. That guarantees no one runs out of Morgana's ultimate. It lets your team follow up on that Malphite ult that just happened.

Now as you stated, yes, you can get some of that benefit from building a Shurelya's Reverie. You can also get TF's ultimate by buying some wards and bringing Summoner Teleport. And yet TF was the most dominant midlaner for like three years running.

Has

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2013

I just wish phreak would blow his nose. I've never heard him not sound nasally ;(

SkinnerBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2013

No he shouldn't. If he really thinks that not letting Vayne get 3 autos on you is a reason for Silver bull****s not to be nerfed, then he probably shouldn't even have his current job. The ignorance in what he said was incredible. I dont understand how someone is capable of saying something so dumb when she has so much utility to allow her to catch up and hit you anyway.

Tortferngatr

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
That's the crux of the issue. Saying that, by default, "Sivir sux" is not the right way of approaching things. Just as Nidalee's passive only works sometimes, Sivir's Q only deals full damage sometimes. It has high points and low points. And the point of the rework here is to give Sivir more cool things. Sivir wave clears like a boss. She is resilient to poke, and messes with a lot of lane dynamics due to Spell Shield.

But the biggest one, is the answer to your second question: Her ultimate. It's a four second 60% movement speed boost. That is freaking massive. That's the follow up to the Nautilus ultimate. That's the follow up to Nami ultimate. That's going to make your Jungle Udyr unkiteable. That guarantees no one runs out of Morgana's ultimate. It lets your team follow up on that Malphite ult that just happened.

Now as you stated, yes, you can get some of that benefit from building a Shurelya's Reverie. You can also get TF's ultimate by buying some wards and bringing Summoner Teleport. And yet TF was the most dominant midlaner for like three years running.
Sivir+Olaf/Yi/Fiora/Mordekaiser/Darius=???

Does this mean that Zebeth Herald will be potentially a core item on Sivir?

eenxs

10-30-2013

Expect to see even more Nidalee nerfs in the future is what I'm getting from Phreak here.