Patcher will stop at 99% on various .dll files

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Legacies

10-30-2013

Hi while trying to apply the 3.13 patch i have been running into the issue of it stopping at 99% and going through various .dll files. I have tried almost everything(besides re-installing because my schools internet is absolute trash). Also, usually i have to patch my game at around 3 AM at my school because the internet is so bad during the day, so maybe ill be able to patch it later tonight but if I can get a fix before then it would be good.

These are all my launcher logs from today(just a note the only time that i got a unspecified error was my last one, but i ran through a bunch of .dll files like 3 times for it to finally give me the error):

Attached Files
File Type: log 2013-10-30T11-40-03_launcher.log (59.2 KB, 45 views)
File Type: log 2013-10-30T11-46-37_launcher.log (318.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: log 2013-10-30T11-57-56_launcher.log (704.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: log 2013-10-30T12-22-32_launcher.log (42.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: log 2013-10-30T12-22-55_launcher.log (67.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: log 2013-10-30T12-42-53_launcher.log (55.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: log 2013-10-30T12-51-23_launcher.log (41.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: log 2013-10-30T12-51-44_launcher.log (41.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: log 2013-10-30T12-55-00_launcher.log (42.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: log 2013-10-30T12-56-55_launcher.log (89.3 KB, 19 views)

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

10-30-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

It looks like some sort of firewall or antivirus on your network is blocking the download of all .dll and .exe. If you're at Univeristy can you try to see if someone else is able to download the update? What anti virus are you using? Can you try disabling it and attempt to patch?

Knuckels

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2013

Danna might I ask what error code 28 is in these log files?

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

10-30-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckels View Post
Danna might I ask what error code 28 is in these log files?
That is a Curl error 28. It means that a file request timed out when attempting to access the server/endpoint.

Legacies

10-30-2013

I have talked to the IT department at my university and they have told me that some files have priority over others and i guess .exe and .dll's have much lower priority than others. Considering the university i am at currently only has a connection of 100 mb/s for the ENTIRE campus i can understand the problem i am running into here. They have told me they are adding another 100 mb/s soon but i guess until then ill have to keep updating my client at 3 AM. I currently use the antivirus and firewall that comes with windows 8.1 and a friend of mine down the hall is experiencing the same problems that i am having, but he uses windows 7 and some other type of antivirus. Thanks for all your help dannamoth. I'll let post tomorrow if everything patches okay later tonight. Thanks again.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

10-30-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whose Legend View Post
I have talked to the IT department at my university and they have told me that some files have priority over others and i guess .exe and .dll's have much lower priority than others. Considering the university i am at currently only has a connection of 100 mb/s for the ENTIRE campus i can understand the problem i am running into here. They have told me they are adding another 100 mb/s soon but i guess until then ill have to keep updating my client at 3 AM. I currently use the antivirus and firewall that comes with windows 8.1 and a friend of mine down the hall is experiencing the same problems that i am having, but he uses windows 7 and some other type of antivirus. Thanks for all your help dannamoth. I'll let post tomorrow if everything patches okay later tonight. Thanks again.

That's unfortunate. I'd recommend trying to patch super early in the morning when other students aren't using the network. Sorry about that not much I can help you with.

SoHighs

10-30-2013

please Dannamoth visit the other threads on the same topic and try to give assistance

Legacies

10-31-2013

Just updated my client fine, and i guess i was right. It was an internet issue. Luckily i got Pulsefire Ezreal from a gift to make up for all the frustration this gave me.

Thanks for your help again Dannamoth