An introduction to the jungle this preseason

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Revenged25

10-30-2013

Right now you are basically asking a whole group of possible junglers to be unviable. Right now Nasus is still a sit in the jungle and farm until I kill you all jungler that has the enemy counter jungling you and looking to take advantage of your still weak early game.

This is also a boost to gank oriented junglers. Hey look I ganked your lane, no kills made, time to head back to my jungle, now a level down. Hey look I tried again and another one got away, time to farm again as I'm 2 levels down. I've seen this happen a bit both to myself and my opposing jungler, which is partly due to me stealing blue buffs constantly, and they can't catch back up. This gives them the ability to if they fall really far behind.

Solcrushed

Live Balance Designer

10-30-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

An introduction to jungle items without going into specifics

Wriggle's Lantern

Now the item for farming junglers, grants very bad combat stats but gives a very big increase in gold from jungle monsters

Spirit of the Ancient Golem

Now intended for support junglers who will move with the team more than farm the jungle. Allows you to 'bank' the gold bonus for a little bit of time which you can cash in by killing jungle monsters.

Spirit of the Elder Lizard

More focused toward early-mid teamfights and objective control, will grant gold on champions deaths and Dragon/baron

Spirit of the Spectral Wraith

Now intended to help mage junglers who are hurt by not having blue buff and needing to spend too much resources to clear jungle mid-late game. Will give Health and Mana back equal to a % of spell damage you deal to monsters. (Vlad and co. will still have their selfish spellvamp item - it just won't be Spirit Wraith)

B3ER

10-30-2013

^^ Love this so very much. Diana jungle is back!

Nzo

10-30-2013

I like your goals.. but these are the same goals that were set in pre-season 3. What makes you think you can actually deliver on making farming as effective as ganking? Right now, junglers can effectively farm their entire jungle and keep up with spawns.

The problem is that the gold flow from farming is not enough to equal the gold from ganks.

Then you also have the added variable that if you just farm non-stop (assuming your gold output is equal to solo lanes), but you do not gank while the other jungler does. This puts a lot of pressure on the lanes to hold lanes while effectively playing a man down or a man-late (reactive jungler vs proactive jungler).

You can try to add more gold.. but this strategy of jungle farming will never work if the enemy jungler is wrecking havok on your lanes. Even if he isn't getting kills, if he is forcing enemy back, burn summoners, causing loss of CS etc.

Unless you see a way that I don't?

ChuyStark

10-30-2013

Increased gold flow on the jungle will make Meteos the best jungler in the world

Nilous7

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
An introduction to jungle items without going into specifics

Wriggle's Lantern

Now the item for farming junglers, grants very bad combat stats but gives a very big increase in gold from jungle monsters

Spirit of the Ancient Golem

Now intended for support junglers who will move with the team more than farm the jungle. Allows you to 'bank' the gold bonus for a little bit of time which you can cash in by killing jungle monsters.

Spirit of the Elder Lizard

More focused toward early-mid teamfights and objective control, will grant gold on champions deaths and Dragon/baron

Spirit of the Spectral Wraith

Now intended to help mage junglers who are hurt by not having blue buff and needing to spend too much resources to clear jungle mid-late game. Will give Health and Mana back equal to a % of spell damage you deal to monsters. (Vlad and co. will still have their selfish spellvamp item - it just won't be Spirit Wraith)

You want to give Blue Ezreal bonus gold on champion kills?

XxxLumberJackxxX

10-30-2013

Will level 2 ganks still snowball lanes out of control?

If so then... it doesn't matter how much farm I can get out of the jungle, ganking will still me much better

Pizawle

10-30-2013

Sounds neat.

Will the jungle-specific items remain viable into the late game, though? Or will it be ideal to eventually discard them?

Brent Schroeder

10-30-2013

Thanks for the post, Solcrushed, but I was really looking forward to jungle-centric item specifics

Will there be a red post such as this one that lays out all of the Season 4 item changes? Is that why you haven't given a lot of info regarding jungle items?

The Loveless

10-30-2013

Can you make it where junglers don't need help at the start, other than a pair of eyes watching the surrounding area? Nothing is worse than having a melee mid bail on you because they don't want to miss cs opportunities, then you getting your face kicked in by big golem - Two pots gone.