@Phreak, you're better off as a live balancer that shoutcaster

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Needles K

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I don't know how you chose those words. Boomerang Blade in fact deals damage when passing through minions. It deals X% more damage when minions do not block it. Nidalee moves X% faster when moving through brush. Yet on one side it's, "Well that's just a benefit" and on the other it's "messed up...crippled...no damage...abysmal."
Nidalee can still move really fast even when not in brush. She's good all the time and great in brush. Sivir is good under specific circumstances and kinda disappointing elsewhere. That's the difference.

Quote:
Champions have strengths and weaknesses. I think it's pretty easy to look at Sivir's kit and go, "Nope, not a duelist." Thankfully, there's a lot of things that Sivir does that make up for it. Go follow up on a Nautilus ultimate.
OK, I'm probably going to look stupid here. What is Sivir supposed to do to follow up a Nautilus ultimate that any other champion in the game wouldn't do better? All she can do is walk up within 500 range of the guy who got ulted and hit him with a couple of not-particularly-amazing autos.

Quote:
Go make Olaf hilariously difficult to deal with. Go make your bruisers get directly on top of that poor helpless Kog'Maw who has 700 range and no movement speed to get away.
I think Kog will win that fight. She doesn't make people CC-immune and Kog is a lifestealing monster. Also, Karma or any Philo-building support can fill Sivir's role there and it doesn't cost you your marksman slot.

Blood Tourniquet

10-30-2013

Why is there no response??????? It is all over every forum regarding lag...it isnt us, it's the server...at least acknowledged that you know about it.

Nasuuna

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles K View Post
OK, I'm probably going to look stupid here. What is Sivir supposed to do to follow up a Nautilus ultimate that any other champion in the game wouldn't do better? All she can do is walk up within 500 range of the guy who got ulted and hit him with a couple of not-particularly-amazing autos.
ever get hit by a double boomerang blade?

hurts like a ****ing *****

Needles K

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
ever get hit by a double boomerang blade?

hurts like a ****ing *****
Yes, it does, but that's her entire burst. Have you ever been hit by a Soulflare? That hurts like a ****ing ***** too. The question was what Sivir could do in that situation that stands out.

Ashes Boobs

10-30-2013

Quote:
snip
But then you have Jinx, who has the utility and range of Cait, along with the AOE and power of Sivir.

emTmyclipin2u

10-30-2013

Quote:
I don't know how you chose those words. Boomerang Blade in fact deals damage when passing through minions. It deals X% more damage when minions do not block it. Nidalee moves X% faster when moving through brush. Yet on one side it's, "Well that's just a benefit" and on the other it's "messed up...crippled...no damage...abysmal."

Champions have strengths and weaknesses. I think it's pretty easy to look at Sivir's kit and go, "Nope, not a duelist." Thankfully, there's a lot of things that Sivir does that make up for it. Go follow up on a Nautilus ultimate. Go make Olaf hilariously difficult to deal with. Go make your bruisers get directly on top of that poor helpless Kog'Maw who has 700 range and no movement speed to get away.

The Sivir of old, who was my #2 most played by the end of beta, was "Girl why spams a million bouncing ricochets." This iteration pushes her as far in role as Live Design is comfortable with. Infinite bounces, something she never even had before. I'm not good at crystallizing why the toggled version from beta was removed, but I trust their judgment there. I'm personally really excited to play her.
From my side, and this is bronze 2, she's so good. I used Sivir as my main adc and I still plan to. If first impressions are anything to go off, she's probably going to get nerfed, which saddens me, as I always like my mains to stay out of the buff/nerf cycle due to consistency (If you know exactly what a champion can and cannot do, you are more dangerous than anyone playing a flavor of the month champion, no matter what it is that can and cannot be done. Changing that can cause fatal errors in judgement, because "I used to be able to do that".). Plain and simple, they added way too much power with none taken away. Sivir was a little on the weak side, but she was nowhere near UP. She lost a little attack speed and Aoe attack speed buff for an 80% attack speed buff every 5 seconds. Her w still has the auto attack reset, and lost a little base damage for a massive aoe damage buff that can clear the wave while you focus tower. Her Boomerang Blade was entirely unchanged, and that was the most powerful part of her kit. Her spellshield no longer costs mana, so there is no massive risk to using it (losing mana rather than gaining it) and there is no time when you can look at Sivir's mana and realize she doesn't have the mana to stop your engage. Spellshield also gives more than double the reward at max rank (previously you gained 75 mana, due to the cost offset of the spell, now its purely 160 man in profit) for a loss of 15 on the base spell. Literally this Sivir brings all the strengths and none of the weaknesses, and I feel that other than in high levels where range abuse is all the rage she's going to make Corki look like Urgot in comparison to her power.

Also a double hit boomerang blade at max rank does 432 (+1.8 ad)in damage at level nine. A Sivir with a bf sword can 100 to 0 a Sona by the time Ricochet runs out (4 autos, always reset), about 2 seconds.

SSLRranma

10-30-2013

For the people who thing the boomerang blade is weak because of the minions, there are two ways to use it.

First, if you are trying to damage an enemy champion you position yourself so you can hit the opponent without hitting the creeps. either by going forward an moving to the side of a wave or hiding in the brush. Even if you knick a minion your doing a lot of damage. Sivir is more about zoning and positioning then outright domination.

Second, its used for wave clear. I saw "any ADC with a statikk shiv" and my first though was "then how fast does sivir clear with a statikk. Well, its nice to have but she doesn't need it. Her Q and W should be enough now.

My question is, since sivir does rely on CDR will we see a new item for ADCs with it? I use to run zeke's on her, but with her attack speed buff gone i don't feel getting that item will be quite as rewarding.

Malurth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Mental pressure. When Ricochet is active, you have to perform additional positional evaluation - "Being near minions is risky". If its a limited resource, then you just go "okay, I stay away from minions for 3 shots, then I can get near them to farm again"

If it can be turned on/off at will, you're basically forced to never be near minions.

This is similar to the problem Xerath Rework had when you could spam his high-range ult shots without cooldown. It wasn't that they were undodgable, it was that you had to be mentally prepared to dodge at all times.
...and what of Malzahar? He has exactly this problem.

Benmjy

10-30-2013

Phreak,PLEASE get someone to talk to us about Zyra!! I really want to here what her future holds!

Samflash3

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDragonArmy View Post
I'm going to be straight with you. Nidalee's mental pressure is really high.
Oh man this is awesome. +1