@Phreak, you're better off as a live balancer that shoutcaster

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

10-30-2013
5 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG halp meh plz View Post
You're using words wrong.

Vayne BENEFITS from walls, she does not need them at all.
Nidalee BENEFITS from the brush, she doesn't need it
Your other examples all BENEFIT from ideal situations, they are not crippled when its not ideal.

Sivir, on the other hand, has a messed up design. Her Q relies on no minion interference otherwise it does nearly no damage, her W relies on minions present because her range is so ****ing abysmal; getting within range to do a W on a champs might as well be a death sentence.

Other champs have tools to deal with that, Sivir only gets a MS bonus, which I doubt will be enough.

You can dismiss my words now, but the rework will be proven a failure in the future.
I don't know how you chose those words. Boomerang Blade in fact deals damage when passing through minions. It deals X% more damage when minions do not block it. Nidalee moves X% faster when moving through brush. Yet on one side it's, "Well that's just a benefit" and on the other it's "messed up...crippled...no damage...abysmal."

Champions have strengths and weaknesses. I think it's pretty easy to look at Sivir's kit and go, "Nope, not a duelist." Thankfully, there's a lot of things that Sivir does that make up for it. Go follow up on a Nautilus ultimate. Go make Olaf hilariously difficult to deal with. Go make your bruisers get directly on top of that poor helpless Kog'Maw who has 700 range and no movement speed to get away.

The Sivir of old, who was my #2 most played by the end of beta, was "Girl why spams a million bouncing ricochets." This iteration pushes her as far in role as Live Design is comfortable with. Infinite bounces, something she never even had before. I'm not good at crystallizing why the toggled version from beta was removed, but I trust their judgment there. I'm personally really excited to play her.

Hexss

10-30-2013

Phreak, thoughts on Lucian? I feel riot didn't do his character justice. Cool lore and look though

Blood Tourniquet

10-30-2013

whats with the server lag? Have you guys been made aware of this?

matrinox

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG halp meh plz View Post
Her Q relies on no minion interference otherwise it does nearly no damage, her W relies on minions present because her range is so ****ing abysmal;
Caitlyn's Q and Ezreal's Q rely on no minion interference to deal significant damage. What's your point, it's called counter play in lane.

And your second point. It's called the landing phase, where, you know, champions are usually around minions with you.

Nasuuna

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
I don't know how you chose those words. Boomerang Blade in fact deals damage when passing through minions. It deals X% more damage when minions do not block it. Nidalee moves X% faster when moving through brush. Yet on one side it's, "Well that's just a benefit" and on the other it's "messed up...crippled...no damage...abysmal."

Champions have strengths and weaknesses. I think it's pretty easy to look at Sivir's kit and go, "Nope, not a duelist." Thankfully, there's a lot of things that Sivir does that make up for it. Go follow up on a Nautilus ultimate. Go make Olaf hilariously difficult to deal with. Go make your bruisers get directly on top of that poor helpless Kog'Maw who has 700 range and no movement speed to get away.

The Sivir of old, who was my #2 most played by the end of beta, was "Girl why spams a million bouncing ricochets." This iteration pushes her as far in role as Live Design is comfortable with. Infinite bounces, something she never even had before. I'm not good at crystallizing why the toggled version from beta was removed, but I trust their judgment there. I'm personally really excited to play her.
as a sivir player, this explanation is awesome

can...can i rub your head phreak?

Skarlath the Haw

10-30-2013

Quote:

I would like to direct you back into general discussion forums... and take a look at what i posted. in need of attention ASAP

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

10-30-2013
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
I'm not good at crystallizing why the toggled version from beta was removed, but I trust their judgment there. I'm personally really excited to play her.
Mental pressure. When Ricochet is active, you have to perform additional positional evaluation - "Being near minions is risky". If its a limited resource, then you just go "okay, I stay away from minions for 3 shots, then I can get near them to farm again"

If it can be turned on/off at will, you're basically forced to never be near minions.

This is similar to the problem Xerath Rework had when you could spam his high-range ult shots without cooldown. It wasn't that they were undodgable, it was that you had to be mentally prepared to dodge at all times.

OneDragonArmy

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
Mental pressure. When Ricochet is active, you have to perform additional positional evaluation - "Being near minions is risky". If its a limited resource, then you just go "okay, I stay away from minions for 3 shots, then I can get near them to farm again"

If it can be turned on/off at will, you're basically forced to never be near minions.

This is similar to the problem Xerath Rework had when you could spam his high-range ult shots without cooldown. It wasn't that they were undodgable, it was that you had to be mentally prepared to dodge at all times.
I'm going to be straight with you. Nidalee's mental pressure is really high.

GhostStalker

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post

Why is that bad?

Blood Tourniquet

10-30-2013

Please address the lag issues!