Suggestion: Champion Comparison

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TPjorgeDP

10-28-2013

Hello Team Riot,

I was going through my mages today, Syndra and Brand, and I was trying to wonder who had more magic damage/health. I kept clickingon the champs, then out of the windows, then going back and forth. And I wondered, why don't we make a Champion Comparison option?

What: After clicking a champion profile, create a button which says "Compare this Champion" on that window.

Purpose: To allow players to easily view the abilities/stats of multiple champions.

How: Once clicking the "Compare This Champion button" button, the program would go back to the summoner profile screen (in our champion list)and allow us to click on one, or two more champions. Once finished, we could click "Compare" somewhere and the original window will have the normal champion layout, showing the image and stats of the 2/3 champions.

Note: Once in this comparison screen, to reduce RAM usage, the window will not be allowed to check abilities/lore, etc.

Please thumbs up and let me know what you think of this.

Thanks,

Sincerely,
Jorge

Pissfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2013

The problem is that most champions don't have much comparison by stats, especially mages. Most of how those work is by play style. That's the reason why champions who have very different total ratios are still equally competitive.

Vaurnbarn

Platform Engineer

10-30-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Interesting idea. I wish it were easier to find similar champs.. if I like, X, I may also like Y... But I agree to get a full picture, it's not as simple as comparing numbers.

Uberphish

10-30-2013

It might work to have a couple of separate, smaller lists.

"If you like this character for their PUSHING, you might like: Heimer, Anivia, etc."

"If you like this character for their BURST DAMAGE, you might also like: Fizz, Master Yi, etc."

I imagine it would take longer to code that way, but it might let people pick and choose specifically champs who are similar to their current favorites in the specific way that /makes/ them their favorites.

Vakabiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaurnbarn View Post
Interesting idea. I wish it were easier to find similar champs.. if I like, X, I may also like Y... But I agree to get a full picture, it's not as simple as comparing numbers.
It would be cool if the shop would make recommendations of champions to buy based on other champions you play often.

TPjorgeDP

10-31-2013

Yes, i understand you all. But my suggestion is not based on play style or skills (which of course determines a huge portion of stats) but simply to compare them.

It would just be cool to have that option, so why not have it?

Pissfer

10-31-2013

Mostly I'm just saying that it's not worth it. You could do it so much better just by opening two tabs/windows on the site and viewing the two champions and comparing back and forth.

TPjorgeDP

11-01-2013

That is a good point....