[Champion Select] Better indication of which team you're on

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xSubvert

10-28-2013

Not sure if this is the right place but it's the closest I can think of since it's not in game.

In a ranked match earlier one of my teammates asked which side we were on (they said they were colour blind) and our team ended up having a discussion about ways to improve letting players know what side of the map they were on in champion select. The general consensus was that changing the "Your Team" and "Enemy Team" text above the team to "Blue Side" and "Red Side" ("Purple Side" if you want to include the colour blind mode) would be much clearer rather than the current glow around the text that is there atm.

neg9

10-28-2013

If your team has the first ban, you are blue side.

Pissfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2013

This also applies to blind pick though. However, that is very true neg - blue side has both first pick and ban.

Vaurnbarn

Platform Engineer

10-30-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Good suggestion. It is pretty subtle right now. Probably unnecessarily so.

Bastrex

10-30-2013

I agree with this entirely. I play with my friends a lot and none of them noticed until I pointed it out that there were team based glows around the font. Not even my Diamond 5 friend noticed it. A little more pronounced would be nice.