League tab suggestion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IICrowII

10-29-2013

At present, the league system arbitrarily assigns you to a division within your league and rank. Visiting the Leagues tab in your summoner profile within PVP.net lets you see the performance of other players within that division.

Apart from this screen itself, there is no functionality to the fact that, for example, I am within "Evelynn's Warlocks". I have no reason to care about the people I was clumped together with here, so I have no reason to care about this screen.

I suggest that this list be populated not by a random set of players, but by players you have recently played with or against that are in your same league/rank. Those players are ones I may actually want to compare my progress to, not some random set of players I've never heard of.

Pissfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2013

I pretty much agree with this - the one time it's useful is if you have a fair number of friends that are around the same skill as you and they actually end up in the same division. But the problem still remains that it really doesn't mean anything when you move up the tiers - you move up regardless of how everyone around you is doing, so I do understand exactly what you mean

Vaurnbarn

Platform Engineer

10-30-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

It would be cool for your league to be more meaningful to you personally. I think we try to do some of this, but you're right, we could do more.

Coredor

10-30-2013

Great idea. Also knowing that division LP doesn't even remotely closely reflect your actual skill in the same way elo did, I care much less.

Pissfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2013

Ya, I still quite like the Starcraft 2 system where, even though it's ambiguous about when you get moved, at least there's some level of measurement compared to those around you
Sure, it's still meaningless if you're just moving up the ranks, but at least it does help you to gauge your strength, especially if you're in one tier for a while (I know early on in my SC2 career, I had a good run of about 30 wins and 3 losses, I had over double everyone else's points. I think they were testing for where they were going to place me)

Daen

10-30-2013

Agreed.