There is no counter to silver bolts

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

steeben

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-30-2013

Someone please post the post-death report screenshot where silver bolts did 40% of the damage to shut Phreak up please.

Runji606

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synkronicity View Post
Hp is exactly what you build. If it ignores armor, and does true damage, then having more health is necessary. If each shot does 100 damage, and you have 500 health, you're dead in 5 shots. If each shot does 100 damage, and you have 1000 health, you're dead in 10 shots. Seems to me that health is the way to go.
Can't tell if trolling..... Or just stupid.

Ireliateyou

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohardrightnow12 View Post
phreak just stop. All adcs switch targets in the middle of fights and vayne's kit allows her to do that easily.

"oh their adc is out of position I better finish these last two shots on their tank to get my silver bolts proc" - said no one ever.

She is greater than the sum of her parts and needs to be changed.
Isn't that exactly why Silver bolts isn't an issue?

8% true damage happens at max rank is all it is, and it's on every 3rd proc. Phreak is pointing out there's quite a bit of effective Vayne counterplay.

If she needs a nerf, it's not because of Silver bolts.

Death by Dunk

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
It's worth pointing out that only about 20% of Vayne's damage to champions is coming from Silver Bolts. Armor/health/etc is still largely effective against Vayne's damage output.
Whenever I see my death recap after being killed by Vayne it's a lot closer to 30% or even 40%. Almost twice as much as you say it is.

%HP true damage is literally the worst possible thing you can do in game design.

Silentcoyote

10-30-2013

Health is what you build to counter Vayne.
If you are downvoting the people who say health is the answer you are only here to complain and not actually seek answers.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

10-30-2013
6 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minishmaster View Post
I play a lot of Tank Gragas and I track the damage from Vayne's silver bolts to be about 40-60% of the damage she deals to me.

If I can tank a four item Tristana for 15 seconds, even with her rapid fire, but it only takes 8 seconds for a four item Vayne to whittle me down, then that is also a pretty significant difference.

The issue with true damage is that it has no counters, and this includes immunity to things that are designed to counter damage. Champions like gragas and malphite are designed so that they don't need to worry about autoattacks the same way the average champion does, but on hit true damage takes that away from them.
Those are both champions with Attack Speed Slows and the ability to disengage to force Silver Bolts to reset. I actually think those are some of the better champions to deal with her.

But again, Vayne is not someone you sit there and say, "I have more numbers than you." Her literal goal is to shoot at one target over and over until it falls over. Don't let her do that. She has the exact tools that she has in order to aid her: She can re-position quickly on the offense. She can pin one target to a wall. If you let her keep hitting one person, she's going to deal a lot of damage to it.

Don't. Don't tank her alone. Don't sit there and let her shoot at you. Push her around. Give her something else she has to deal with.

batliff

10-30-2013

Phreak these people are beyond reason, let it go mate.

Yoshiro

10-30-2013

With Blade of the Ruined yep true damage is very strong. Health is the only counter to true damage.

Papy Mougeot

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
One thing I'm doing recently while playing is, after every single game, going to the "Graphs" section and clicking "Damage Dealt to Champions" along with "Physical" and "Magical" of the same category. I usually just do this for guys like Kog'Maw, Vayne, Corki, Nasus, Shyvana... guys who are going to be pretty split, to help me figure out what types of damage these guys are really doing.

From what I've tracked of Vayne games, it's in the low 20%s. I encourage all of you guys to do the same to see if I've just gotten a really awkward set of data or just to see for yourselves.

20% bonus damage is a lot. So is bonus 90% attack speed from Rapid Fire. Almost all ADCs have some kind of "deals more damage in a team fight" steroid. I just want to help everyone quantify it, so that we can have the right sorts of discussions.
You can't read this stat that take the whole game and average it and say it's 20% so it seems balanced.
Vayne will face squishy enemies for the bigger part of the game but it will be a problem when she will face tanky champions only because maxhptruedamage !!

And it's up 100% of the time if people can't avoid the 3rd hit and there are not that much people who can do that with all her mobility when tristana is only up 7/20 => 35% of time. (without blue buff or any cdr)

Ireliateyou

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Muh Gah View Post
Someone please post the post-death report screenshot where silver bolts did 40% of the damage to shut Phreak up please.
You mean the one with a full tank garen that entered a battle without having full hp?

Great example of how OP vayne is.