@xelnath or some other wise man on the forums

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vApexPredator

10-29-2013

So, wise man or women I have many questions and situations -mostly social- that I am in
Facts about me: sophmore in high school
Rather shy around people who are more social than me

Anyway situation 1:
Met a girl on a cruise over the summer, she got my number because all the teens on the ship gave eachothers numbers around, I talked to her for a bit afterwards but now every text she sends has something along the lines of "I miss you, come visit" and we live across the country from eachother, I hate being mean to people especially girls so how do I tell her im not really into her?
2. There is a senior transfer student in my math class who started talking to me, whenever im alone in the library or something shed come sit and talk but I dont think she knows im a sophmore since I look around 17 and have a sorta deep voice, I dont mind it, im not trying to date her or anything but ive been running out of things to talk about outside of flirting and xel talked about talking to specifically attractive people without flirting to build social skills which is what im trying but its hard..
3. The girl I actually like is a soph at my school, but we have no classes or anything weve talked over facebook and ive introduced myself after school but I never really get to talk to her otherwise and building a relationship online can be so fake since you can just type what you think they want to hear. Anyway like I said earlier im shy around a lot of people but I often see her walking from class to class and im too shy to wave or say "hey________"
Whats a good way to build confidence?
4Th thing (league related) ive been playing a lot of fiora recently wtf is wrong with me

vApexPredator

10-29-2013

Also inb4 dear diary,
But its actually dear xelnath

vApexPredator

10-29-2013

Vump

Khristophoros

The Council

10-29-2013

Let us begin preparation of the unholy summoning circle.

In the meantime... With girl 3 you should definitely greet her when you see her around. Just say hi and smile when she looks at you at least. If you can chat a little that's even better. Last thing you want is for your relationship to be established as "internet only"... Trust me I had this happen before.

vApexPredator

10-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khristophoros View Post
Let us begin preparation of the unholy summoning circle.

In the meantime... With girl 3 you should definitely greet her when you see her around. Just say hi and smile when she looks at you at least. If you can chat a little that's even better. Last thing you want is for your relationship to be established as "internet only"... Trust me I had this happen before.
Ty o great summoner

vApexPredator

10-29-2013

Bump

vApexPredator

10-29-2013

Xelnath-oly xelnath-oly give me ur wisdom-oly

vApexPredator

10-29-2013

I said the summoning enchantment corrextly didn't I?

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

10-29-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

can't stay to talk tonight but cliff's notes:

1) Just tell her you like being friends with her. She'll pick up on the message. It's also "ok" to miss someone without expecting a romantic relationship
2) When you run out of flirty stuff to say, switch into values discussions - what's important to you, what defines you
3) Confidence is a side-effect of success, which is a byproduct of failure + adaptation + not giving up. Go up to her tomorrow and be like, "Hey Julie. Been forever since we like talked. What are you doing at lunch today?"

Then talk about something cool you're doing in the future. (without being braggy, just share how excited you are about it) If she asks to come along, invite her. Don't invite her if she's only being polite tho.

cheers

vApexPredator

10-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
can't stay to talk tonight but cliff's notes:

1) Just tell her you like being friends with her. She'll pick up on the message. It's also "ok" to miss someone without expecting a romantic relationship
2) When you run out of flirty stuff to say, switch into values discussions - what's important to you, what defines you
3) Confidence is a side-effect of success, which is a byproduct of failure + adaptation + not giving up. Go up to her tomorrow and be like, "Hey Julie. Been forever since we like talked. What are you doing at lunch today?"

Then talk about something cool you're doing in the future. (without being braggy, just share how excited you are about it) If she asks to come along, invite her. Don't invite her if she's only being polite tho.

cheers
Thanks xel! The summoning enchantment worked!