"We pride ourselves on our amazing 'counterplay' philosophy. Hard counters are bad"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-29-2013

Lol, nobody bothers to argue against the shield vs silver bolts argument but it always gets downvoted. Is it so obvious that raising defense without raising something silverbolts effectively scales with can't possibly counter it in any way whatsoever? If so don't just downvote, let me know.

GhostStalker

10-29-2013

Pretty sure Public Enemy #1 is Lee ****ing Sin anyway's for mobility creep.

Sleipnir of Hel

10-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Well, go convince Xelnath, the Wizardlock, right hand of the 7th order of obsidian blackfire hellstone witch lords. He would be one of the guys involved in that decision ;p
So if I ever wanted to talk to someone about Vayne nerfs, it would be Xelnath? Noted.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

10-29-2013
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notdeathstalker View Post
Most ADCs can top Cait, Draven are others that do really well against bruisers. I just think this problem has popped up because of the nerfing of ranged top laners (who are not adcs). Seems about time to give under powered bruisers a buff to bring them in line, maybe the complaining will stop.
Bruisers have always been in a weird position from a play balance standpoint. There is some thought going on around those in terms of how to make them fit in in a less binary way. A lot of the 'top lane snowball' problems we used to think are primarily from the isolation of the lane are as much from the binary nature of many of those characters, where so much of their power is stat driven.

Farranor

10-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
Lol, nobody bothers to argue against the shield vs silver bolts argument but it always gets downvoted. Is it so obvious that raising defense without raising something silverbolts effectively scales with can't possibly counter it in any way whatsoever? If so don't just downvote, let me know.
Dedicated QQers aren't deterred by mere logic. If an inconvenient fact raises its ugly head, they just ignore it and make more QQ threads.

Farranor

10-29-2013

Quote:
Bruisers have always been in a weird position from a play balance standpoint. There is some thought going on around those in terms of how to make them fit in in a less binary way. A lot of the 'top lane snowball' problems we used to think are primarily from the isolation of the lane are as much from the binary nature of many of those characters, where so much of their power is stat driven.
Just BTW here, Zileas, but Brent Rambo II doesn't actually care about bruisers or game balance. He just hates Vayne. It's all he talks about.

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farranor View Post
Dedicated QQers aren't deterred by mere logic. If an inconvenient fact raises its ugly head, they just ignore it and make more QQ threads.
The funniest part of all is the fact that extreme hp recovery can act as a shield effectively

Eyrgos

10-29-2013

Quote:
Hi Zileas! Any plans for Quinn balance changes coming up? Please and thank you for any kind reply!

(I'd consider this On-Topic since she's mentioned in the OP)

Personally, Quinn is my favorite Champion but many community members in my experience attest she could use a little tweaking.

League of Luck

10-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Rambo II View Post
Attachment 813590 Attachment 813592

[Destroy every melee champion in lane]
If you lose to Vayne as Xin Zhao you are doing something VERY wrong.

Holiday Swag

10-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrOinkleBerry View Post
In case you didn't realize this...

You can counter an ADC top by taking top a champion that counters ADCs

Like Urgot, or Zed, Teemo, etc. Or just about ANY mage.

Saying Vayne and Quinn destroy most melee in lane is like saying you're FORCED to fight these two champions with melee in lane. Uh uh, no, you aren't.

Yeah sure they hard counter some melee in lane, sure. Then switch your team positions around and don't fight a Vayne with Darius, or a Quinn with Garen. PROBLEM SOLVED.
Because Vayne doesn't counter Zed. Especially after nerfs.