"We pride ourselves on our amazing 'counterplay' philosophy. Hard counters are bad"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Farranor

10-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
It's true, silver bolts do percent true damage, which renders ineffective armor items, health items, and play balance.

But seriously, this is a work in progress. We are continually improving this stuff, and some of the systemic changes in the works for s4 will help as well.
Silver Bolts procs may not be countered by armor or health, but items, abilities, and summoner spells with AS slows work just fine.

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-29-2013

Quote:
I don't think they are hard lane counters in terms of their high frequency lane counters. You can play a lot of ADCs vs Vayne and not be hard countered.

I agree that one could make they argue that Vayne as an example has a lot of disengage, and this does reduce her counterplay in some cases, and feeds into why we have a little bit of mobility creep... But I just don't think this is a public enemy #1 level of bad counterplay.
this is the closest I've come to a red post!

Also do I have any sort of "record" as far as the forums go. xD you mentioned theres some sort of naughty list once

Zileas

VP of Game Design

10-29-2013
4 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleipnir of Hel View Post
Many people would actually argue that this is, in fact, public enemy #1 level of bad counterplay.
Well, go convince Xelnath, the Wizardlock, right hand of the 7th order of obsidian blackfire hellstone witch lords. He would be one of the guys involved in that decision ;p

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroph View Post
Dude I haven't seen you in like 10 years.

Are you still camping in that abandoned dump, Champion Feedback?
I lol'd

Furi Kuri

10-29-2013

So will Riot ever admit there wrong when it comes to balance?

Farranor

10-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleipnir of Hel View Post
Many people would actually argue that this is, in fact, public enemy #1 level of bad counterplay.
Many people are stupid and/or ignorant and/or obsessed with Vayne QQ.

KevinDelMarr

10-29-2013

Quote:
I don't think they are hard lane counters in terms of their high frequency lane counters. You can play a lot of ADCs vs Vayne and not be hard countered.

I agree that one could make they argue that Vayne as an example has a lot of disengage, and this does reduce her counterplay in some cases, and feeds into why we have a little bit of mobility creep... But I just don't think this is a public enemy #1 level of bad counterplay.
This thread reminds me of All-Stars during the 1v1 Tourney, when Toyz picked J4 into a Quinn. I don't think many envisioned Quinn getting dumpstered by a melee. Obligatory "Gap Closers OP"

Notdeathstalker

10-29-2013

Quote:

Most ADCs can top Cait, Draven are others that do really well against bruisers. I just think this problem has popped up because of the nerfing of ranged top laners (who are not adcs). Seems about time to give under powered bruisers a buff to bring them in line, maybe the complaining will stop.

GhostStalker

10-29-2013

Quote:
Well, go convince Xelnath, the Wizardlock, right hand of the 7th order of obsidian blackfire hellstone witch lords. He would be one of the guys involved in that decision ;p
Way to ****ing sell out your bro, bro.

:\

<3

Farranor

10-29-2013

This thread is proof positive that all I have to do is dedicate myself to spamming "omg X champ op qq" threads every day I'll eventually get a serious Red post.

Zileas, just search for threads created by Brent Rambo II, and you'll quickly see what's up.