"We pride ourselves on our amazing 'counterplay' philosophy. Hard counters are bad"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaitreJoris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
It's true, silver bolts do percent true damage, which renders ineffective armor items, health items, and play balance.

But seriously, this is a work in progress. We are continually improving this stuff, and some of the systemic changes in the works for s4 will help as well.
It's great to know that you're working on all these.

But it sucks to see that a number tweak can take up to 2 months, or a whole season. Why does it takes so long to adjust number back and forth by a bit?

Like, just look at League of TF. It has been ages and TF still hasn't been hit in that overbuffed Spell sword passive.

Kagami

10-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleipnir of Hel View Post
Plot twist: He's actually talking about how Quinn counters Vayne.
oh dam, why I didn't I realize that's what this thread was about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleipnir of Hel View Post
He was not speaking about how Vayne ignores defenses. He was talking about how most melee champions can never stick to Vayne and Quinn because of their amazing disengage potential.
Good thing they have this massive weakness towards ganks (Quinn does anyways pre-6, I don't play vayne top so no knowledge on it) since they are squishy all game, and for Quinn anyways to beat most top lanes must start doran blade thus have no wards until 1st back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Riven View Post
You dont get to pick in to Quinn/Vayne top.
Sure you do, sometimes anyways, but the same could be said of any match-up. Just because you only play riven top doesn't mean other players don't get an option about.

Pro Anïvïa

10-29-2013

riot confirming they're going to do something about the retardation that is silver bolts

thank you jesus 10/29/2013 never forget

A Dying Dream

10-29-2013

Quote:
It's true, silver bolts do percent true damage, which renders ineffective armor items, health items, and play balance.

But seriously, this is a work in progress. We are continually improving this stuff, and some of the systemic changes in the works for s4 will help as well.
Thanks mate. As much of a raging, toxic ****head that I am I, deep down, must enjoy the game enough to want to keep playing it.

Looking forward to S4...

FiragaIV

10-29-2013

Quote:
I refuse to accept feedback from someone named 'Ashes Boobs'
1) wat?
2) also - syntax fail -- didn't you mean.... Ashe's Boobs?

okay, you are welcome.
I love Zileas.

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by her0nz View Post
Wild Vi uses ultimate

Quinn summons Valor!

Valor Flies to turret!

You know the rest;p
Vi farms and has a nice day or dives and still has a nice day. Or even worse she just goes and ganks, Quinn cant do **** about it without her ult, actually even with

Zileas

VP of Game Design

10-29-2013
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notdeathstalker View Post
Zileas I think he is pointing to a fact that ranged has an advantage over melee, if they didnt why pick them?
I don't think they are hard lane counters in terms of their high frequency lane counters. You can play a lot of ADCs vs Vayne and not be hard countered. Yes, some top lane matchups where you play Vayne would be rough for the other party.

I agree that one could make they argue that Vayne as an example has a lot of disengage, and this does reduce her counterplay in some cases, and feeds into why we have a little bit of mobility creep... But I just don't think this is a public enemy #1 level of bad counterplay, and any solution around disengage has to be fit in with consideration around mobility creep.

Timid Gengar

10-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Rambo II View Post
Attachment 813590 Attachment 813592

[Destroy every melee champion in lane]
Who plays Quinn ? Thought so

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminalVeloc1ty View Post
But WHY is it % Maximum Health True damage. That's just ridiculous on every known level...........
:0 whats a shield guyz. Isnt that the thing you use after you slow attack speed and junk... woah...

Ah screw it ill just go faster cuz vayne can't afford to actually follow most champs

Sleipnir of Hel

10-29-2013

Quote:
But I just don't think this is a public enemy #1 level of bad counterplay.
Many people would actually argue that this is, in fact, public enemy #1 level of bad counterplay.