About Multiple Behavior Alerts

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malebolgia

10-29-2013

About a week or two ago I was having a bad day and got a behavior alert for losing my temper (which is fine, since it helped me work on keeping cool and not getting angry). And I haven't had any issues since until today, - where I had the misfortune of running into two groups of premade high elo friends in a row who falsely reported me for refusing to play the way they demanded and ignoring them after they started trying to insult me personally which caused me to get a new behavior alert for having a supposed negative attitude. ((I'm sure they reported me because they threatened to do so, and I hadn't experienced conflict of any kind in any game besides these two today or yesterday or even the day before))

My question is, though. Because I had gotten a behavior alert a while back (for something else, but still) is this new alert cause for me to be concerned about ending up in the tribunal? Naturally I was a bit concerned at the prospect I could end up in trouble because two pairs of trolling friends wanted to harass someone under the veil of a premade, so any insight or help with how this system works or what I should to do avoid any issues would be really awesome. Thanks in advance!

NaginataX

10-29-2013

Behavior alerts work off number of reports. Since you probably had 8 reports in the course of 2 games, the system views that as a reason to give you a warning (regardless of whether the reports were bogus or not).

As for going to the Tribunal, the Tribunal makes cases based on how many games you get reported on (and their frequency)...NOT how many reports you get. I believe the threshold is 15% of your games you've been reported gets you a Tribunal case but I can't back that up.

So say for example you have played 100 games and you get reported by all 9 players in 14 of those games. You will NOT make it to tribunal. But, if you were to play 100 games and got reported by at least 1 person in 15 or more games, THEN you would have a Tribunal case. (Other @Regulars please correct me if I'm mistaken)

Matthias9119

10-29-2013

What Riot has said about getting into Tribunal:

1) it's based (largely) on % of games with 1 or more reports, NOT total reports. A whole premade reporting you won't build a case any faster than one player reporting you (and vice versa; premades aren't harder to punish just because there are fewer teammates to report them).

2) they target the top 1-2% of players getting the highest % of reported games. This is normally around 3-4x the report rate of the average player.

3) it takes 'dozens of games' with reports normally to get a case built. (This is drastically reduced if you've been punished before recently or your account is very new.)

4) the average player gets reported in around 5% of games in Ranked play, somewhat less in other game modes.

#s 2 and 4 together imply that you normally need a 15-20% or higher report rate over time to get into Tribunal. It's VERY hard to do this unless you are actively a jerk all the time.

They also reduce the 'weight' of reports from players who file lots of false reports or who just go around spamming reports on everyone. So a premade group that goes around reporting the odd man out every match will very quickly end up with reports that have no effect on anyone.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

10-29-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malebolgia View Post
About a week or two ago I was having a bad day and got a behavior alert for losing my temper (which is fine, since it helped me work on keeping cool and not getting angry). And I haven't had any issues since until today, - where I had the misfortune of running into two groups of premade high elo friends in a row who falsely reported me for refusing to play the way they demanded and ignoring them after they started trying to insult me personally which caused me to get a new behavior alert for having a supposed negative attitude. ((I'm sure they reported me because they threatened to do so, and I hadn't experienced conflict of any kind in any game besides these two today or yesterday or even the day before))

My question is, though. Because I had gotten a behavior alert a while back (for something else, but still) is this new alert cause for me to be concerned about ending up in the tribunal? Naturally I was a bit concerned at the prospect I could end up in trouble because two pairs of trolling friends wanted to harass someone under the veil of a premade, so any insight or help with how this system works or what I should to do avoid any issues would be really awesome. Thanks in advance!
Behavior alerts just tip you off that your behavior has been inconsistent in a bad way with past trends. This may or may not correspond to entry into the tribunal. Your first alert could be shortly before it, or it could be a much later one, it would depend upon how often you get reported, how good your behavior has been in the past, the types of reporting done, and so forth. Also, you still have to be found guilty in the tribunal to actually get a penalty.

My advice to you would be -- don't sweat it, but try to improve your behavior to the extent you can to be on the safe side. The system has a lot of redundancy to ensure that good players don't get banned, and people with poor behavior do.

- Zileas