Attempting to Disconnect into a game crash every game

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

10-29-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhammer View Post
Should I provide the crash log(s) from the disconnect->crashes? I'm not sure what the pertinent part of the crash report is, but the report in its entirety doesn't fit in these reply boxes.
You should attach it as an attachment.
To be clear my understanding of your issue was "I get the attempting to reconnect dialog box and then crash".
Also you can probably drastically improve your framerate by turning V-Sync off.

Cheers,

arkhammer

11-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmeister View Post
You should attach it as an attachment.
To be clear my understanding of your issue was "I get the attempting to reconnect dialog box and then crash".
Also you can probably drastically improve your framerate by turning V-Sync off.

Cheers,
Yes, that is precisely what is happening. I'll get an attempt to reconnect box, it may or may not crash; if it happens to not crash, I'll get 5-10 sec of "fake" connection (I can move, minions move, champions are not moving/taking actions), then I'll get attempt box again which will result in a crash of the client, open the bug reporting box and generate a crash report. At that point, I can click on the open (chat) client and click the orange reconnect box.

I've gone ahead and attached the crash report individually that prompted this post, but I have a zip of all the crash reports generated since 10/22, 10.9's install date (16 total) that is too large to upload (256KB --what?) that I'd be happy to provide.

With respect to V-sync, I'm running all the exact same settings pre- and post- Mavericks, so I'm not sure why now suddenly I'd have to disable V-sync to get better frame rate performance, considering that I experienced high frame rates before, haven't adjusted anything and am now experiencing low frame rates. I'm not running on my retina display, either. It's output to a 1920x1200 external.

Attached Files
File Type: zip LeagueofLegends_2013-10-26-235448_Jasons-MacBook-Pro.crash.zip (17.1 KB, 19 views)

stone4345

11-02-2013

Yup, I'm having the same attempting to reconnect issue after the Mavericks update... makes the game unplayable.

TidalPheonix10

12-27-2013

im havinig this too sometimes it just loads forever and then it says it crashes and other times i get in but people are like level 4 and i am getting lots of leaver bans

TheHobbes

12-28-2013

I'm having severe "Attempting to Reconnect" issues as well. Mine have only started occurring within the last week or so and I've had 10.9 since it released.