Soraka: Now OP

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luna Wolf

Senior Member

10-29-2013

Yay 100 mana ults


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sandageto

Senior Member

10-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Whoops, thanks for the catch.

For anyone curious 'Override' is a label we add to internal copies of champions we're testing out changes on, to distinguish them from the existing verison. In this case someone (me) forgot to change the name back when copying some of the changes over to the normal version.
It's almost 7pm in California right now

Shouldn't you be at home by now


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zachrin

Senior Member

10-29-2013

Oh hey, there's a red post.

I'll give it 5 minutes before someone spams this thread about the Harrowing, S4 changes, Legacy skins, or Riven.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cakeisg00d

Member

10-29-2013

I think it's q changes


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-29-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaggle of Koalas View Post
What kind of changes?


You knew this question was coming.
We're adjusting ability scaling on a number of supports in tandem with the changes to support income coming soon. This generally translates to scaling utility (e.g. AP adds additional speed to allies with Lulu's W or additional armor to allies with Soraka's W) and less raw damage. The idea here is that supports get stronger at the things they're picked for in the first place (utility/team benefit effects), in contrast to other champions you could also now run in a duo lane who primarily scale their damage only (Annie for example). The goal there's to avoid having either category of non farming duo laner outshadow the other, with both having strong advantages and therefore an interesting choice about what you want to pick, both in terms of laning phase and contribution late game (when the scaling really matters).

Worth noting that, as this will be a sizable set of changes, exact balance probably won't be perfect at first. Some champions will likely be a bit strong, others a bit weak and that's very much something we'll be working on, both on the PBE and in follow up patches. Feedback on power's very welcome, key thing first though is defining what supports should get better at with which items.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-29-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
Probably the mana cost reduction.
The mana cost change is going live in 3.13. These changes are part of the big preseason patch that's coming along after that (starting with some time on the PBE of course).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maelious

Senior Member

10-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachrin View Post
Oh hey, there's a red post.

I'll give it 5 minutes before someone spams this thread about the Harrowing, S4 changes, Legacy skins, or Riven.
As sarcastic as Morte...

I like it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rockman

Senior Member

10-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
The mana cost change is going live in 3.13. These changes are part of the big preseason patch that's coming along after that (starting with some time on the PBE of course).
Did Kades wet himself a little bit when he heard Soraka was getting buffs?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaosBlood

Junior Member

10-29-2013

So Soraka Override doesn't automatically win games? Bummer...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kinaro

Senior Member

10-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
We're adjusting ability scaling on a number of supports in tandem with the changes to support income coming soon. This generally translates to scaling utility (e.g. AP adds additional speed to allies with Lulu's W or additional armor to allies with Soraka's W) and less raw damage. The idea here is that supports get stronger at the things they're picked for in the first place (utility/team benefit effects), in contrast to other champions you could also now run in a duo lane who primarily scale their damage only (Annie for example). The goal there's to avoid having either category of non farming duo laner outshadow the other, with both having strong advantages and therefore an interesting choice about what you want to pick, both in terms of laning phase and contribution late game (when the scaling really matters).

Worth noting that, as this will be a sizable set of changes, exact balance probably won't be perfect at first. Some champions will likely be a bit strong, others a bit weak and that's very much something we'll be working on, both on the PBE and in follow up patches. Feedback on power's very welcome, key thing first though is defining what supports should get better at with which items.
I hope the damage still scales a bit, otherwise it would be quite unsatisfying and something like mage mid Lulu would be gone.