My friend's entry to the Teem-o Lantern contest for League of Legends!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nid is Cancer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aklaen View Post
That looks great! Do tell her to carve her summoner name there as well (as it's mentioned in the rules) and resubmit the picture. Good luck ^^.
Why do you need to carve your name in the pumpkin? Kind of ruins it. I think a piece of paper with your name next to it would do...

LewdQue

10-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aklaen View Post
That looks great! Do tell her to carve her summoner name there as well (as it's mentioned in the rules) and resubmit the picture. Good luck ^^.
Can she just use a card? Carving the name would make it look all cluttered.

Ubernaga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaMan View Post
Why do you need to carve your name in the pumpkin? Kind of ruins it. I think a piece of paper with your name next to it would do...
I agree with this.. but I guess either way right..?

Ubernaga

10-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuki View Post
Can she just use a card? Carving the name would make it look all cluttered.
Valid point! +1

Glowface

10-28-2013

Heyo! Im the artist, I actually started carving my name on the bottom and it turned out horrible so I just decided to not do it! well this is fixed and im going to submit the picture again, so I just changed it a bit and here is the one with my name: http://25.media.tumblr.com/746610d3f...hs00o1_500.jpg

Ubernaga

10-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glowface View Post
Heyo! Im the artist, I actually started carving my name on the bottom and it turned out horrible so I just decided to not do it! well this is fixed and im going to submit the picture again, so I just changed it a bit and here is the one with my name: http://25.media.tumblr.com/746610d3f...hs00o1_500.jpg
I hope you win Sam

Aklaen

Social Media Coordinator

Follow Aklaen on Twitter

10-29-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaMan View Post
We went for this approach because it's a good method of checking that the pumpkin is an original work, not a picture found on the Internet. The piece of paper next to it is something that people can just Photoshop unfortunately. Doing that with a carved name on a pumpkin is way harder. And we did have people who tried to take the work that someone else did and add a card with their name. And this would defy the purpose of the contest and I think it would be very frustrating for the original owner to have this happen. I'm sorry it made it worse though , but I do hope you understand the reasoning behind it.

Klepto Squirrel

10-31-2013

I also entered into this contest but my original entry I didn't see the part about carving the summoner name. I resubmitted my picture with the summoner name carved in from the same email address and I also sent an inquiry to riot support trying to make sure I wouldn't be disqualified for entering twice (since it is the same image) or "stealing" the picture when I was the person who entered it the first time. I'm just trying to make sure my entry will count and there won't be any confusion or issue. I'm still waiting for a response for my report ticket but I would love any info into this matter. (I added the updated entry with my summoner name carved in if anyone would like to see it for legitimacy reasons.) It is Arctic Ops Kennen if you can't tell.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1394459_591521547552433_1930808769_n.jpg (26.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 891977_591521334219121_1746712219_o.jpg (114.9 KB, 21 views)

Micalas

10-31-2013

Sick pumpkin. You should make a separate pumpkin that will project onto the wall and make it look like Fiddle's crowstorm behind your Fiddle pumpkin.