@Reds: About the Support Laning changes...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShinRaigeki

10-25-2013

I have a legitimate concern:

What is to stop 3 people piling in a lane, wherein a 3rd could be anything from a Bruiser to an APC, just to leech the gold rewards? What would stop a jungler from buying a support item to leech gold off an ADC?

What, in general, would prevent a 1-1-3 scenario in laning? How would the system work with a triple person lane? How would it work during teamfights if each member of the team had one of these gold-share items?

FungalRimjob

10-25-2013

Jungling will likely still give a jungler more gold than "leeching" off the ADC's lane?

Henry Plainview

10-25-2013

I think it would be cool if Trilanes could work in this game.

DuoRenektonOnly

10-25-2013

Meteos does this anyway

Jikker

10-25-2013

You're forgetting the experience deficit; you'd have to share experience three way now and I'm sure levels comes faster in jungle/ganking single lanes.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-25-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

These changes will likely make that a bit better than it was previously. You're still giving up access to a fair bit of jungle gold and XP, splitting XP amongst more people in that lane leaving them comparatively underleveled and allowing other lanes to play without concern about the jungler's location, so the price is pretty high. Imagine we'll see tri lanes experimented with, not concerned about them dominating other styles of play though.

matrinox

10-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinRaigeki View Post
I have a legitimate concern:

What is to stop 3 people piling in a lane, wherein a 3rd could be anything from a Bruiser to an APC, just to leech the gold rewards? What would stop a jungler from buying a support item to leech gold off an ADC?

What, in general, would prevent a 1-1-3 scenario in laning? How would the system work with a triple person lane? How would it work during teamfights if each member of the team had one of these gold-share items?
It's probably better to go 2-1-2 to get more overall XP.

Viro Melchior

10-25-2013

Even before these changes I've seen 2-1-2 experimented with (usually due to a champ select troll).

Since even without smite or a machete, two people can pretty easily clear a buff camp, you can start with the duo lanes each having someone with either red or blue.
Plus, with no jungler wanting the monster spawns, each lane has free access to a camp, allowing them to push hard, then retreat for jungle xp.
Not to say its the best way to play, but with these changes, it could definitely see more serious experimentation, especially with the warding changes (allowing a 2 player team so much vision available).

ShinRaigeki

10-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
These changes will likely make that a bit better than it was previously. You're still giving up access to a fair bit of jungle gold and XP, splitting XP amongst more people in that lane leaving them comparatively underleveled and allowing other lanes to play without concern about the jungler's location, so the price is pretty high. Imagine we'll see tri lanes experimented with, not concerned about them dominating other styles of play though.
ANd what about the potential of a whole team abusing these gold-share items (the one(s?) that give the owner a part of the gold owned when a minion's killed near the owner by someone else if I remember) to massively surge up gold scores for a team during the teamfight phase? Wouldn't this potentially cause immense snowballing?

Manifest Omen

10-26-2013

Top: Nasus/Shen/Jax
Mid: Karthus
Bottom: Vayne/ tristana, Leona, Annie

1-1-3 lane