[Suggestion] Update for rune purchasing

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lantrex

10-22-2013

I assume this is a nice spot to post this suggestion. I find that the more runes i have, the harder it is to find which ones I am missing. My suggestion is that once you purchase 9 of one rune that it be greyed out and says "Owned" much like when purchasing champions. This will make it easier when you own a lot of runes to see which ones you haven't purchased 9 of.

Zeyami

10-22-2013

Bump for Riot saying they'd add owned/not-owned filters months ago.

Bligzar

10-22-2013

Absolute bumb

Saberprivateer

Product Manager

10-23-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Its in the works. For reals!

thischampwins

10-23-2013

Goodie =) that will be way helpful

Samflash3

10-23-2013

How about upgradeable runes? Tier 1 and 2 runes are useless but would be awesome if you can buy a rune and upgrade it with additional gold. Would give new players a chance to face off against bots and not make tier 1 and 2 runes such a noobtrap.

TheEnygma

10-23-2013

I literally made this same post moooonths ago and think Riot Ames said it was a good idea and he'd look into it. Guess he looked into it o_0

Coredor

10-23-2013

Is there any chance of upgrading the rune system for newer players. Having multiple teirs of runes is kind of a trap for new players. Forcing them to waste IP on things they wont use for very long. I'm sure you statistics reveals that not many players actually buy them and those that do probably deeply regret it.

I think limiting runes to level helps them learn what they do enough. Please remove teir 1 and 2 runes for newer players and give them access to the runes they will be using as soon as they unlock them.

Razz Pitazz

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coredor View Post
Is there any chance of upgrading the rune system for newer players. Having multiple teirs of runes is kind of a trap for new players. Forcing them to waste IP on things they wont use for very long. I'm sure you statistics reveals that not many players actually buy them and those that do probably deeply regret it.

I think limiting runes to level helps them learn what they do enough. Please remove teir 1 and 2 runes for newer players and give them access to the runes they will be using as soon as they unlock them.
I fell for this. I deeply regretted it. I still have a couple tier 2 runes that didnt quite combine into anything

Saberprivateer

Product Manager

10-25-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Upgrading runes...an interesting idea. Since it seemed to work before, "I'll look into it".