An Introduction to our support changes in preseason

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lm Krueger ml

10-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlBlue View Post
I get that, but in the case of Emblem the ADC will have to deal with your choice, you taking some of his farm could off-balance his farming (both of you trying to hit the same minion, see htat you missed it when actually the Support killed it before you -> natural frustration thinking you missed the gold), or make the Support worry about last-hitting more than about protecting his Carry (I can already see that causing some bad habits..).

Obviously I am somewhat searching for reasons to hate on the item, but merely in the hope that we don't end up with something we might regret getting in the long run.
Mm I see your point, but these items are supposed to promote an element of coordination between the duo lane don't forget. Also the last hit from the Support carries a bonus 200 dmg from the proc so fighting over last hits shouldn't be too much of an issue at least in the early game.

There will obviously be cases though where the duo lane isn't meshing well and are arguing over the Supports choice of gp10. But that's part of any multiplayer game, I'm glad we're promoting the teamplay elements here.

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2013

So wait....Preseason Support get 2 GP5 items. Sightstone + [Select 1 of 3]. At the point they have both of these items they really don't need to buy green wards and have no more GP5 items to buy...so boots + other stuff start rolling in?

....interesting.

Top PIz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2013

I'm scared that all the changes are going to be detrimental to standard top lane...

ADC's are already very powerful and important late game due to their innate scaling as well as previous nerfs to the bruiser class,
The vision changes and support changes are going to make both Support and ADC much stronger than they already are,
Mid lane is currently the most influential lane due to it's position on the map allowing easy roam as well as very safe laning, and
with the introduction of Sweepers, the top lane is almost definitely going to become a farm fest kill-wise for Jungers.

Are there going to be any big changes to help top laners out?

Xelnath

Systems Designer

10-25-2013
16 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Tog View Post
Why couldn't the gold generation effects just be tagged as unique? So if you for some reason wanted one of the things a Spellthief's Blade builds into in addition to a Shurelia's, you could do that even if it'd be gold-inefficient?
If we did this, it would look WEIRD.

Philo:
+hp regen
+mana regen
UNIQUE Passive - Scavenger: Get Gold from minion deaths.

(Purchasing Philosopher's Stone prevents Pickpocket and Lootshare items from working. The order of items purchased matters.)

That's an unwieldy and confusing tooltip. Locking out the items is far clearer.

Besides, there are NOT GOOD GAINS from stacking these items. They all provide regen stats. Woop. Stacking those into the midgame is not a smart plan.

Instead, by making them exclusive we can make the actives significantly sexier.

Guin Mungo

10-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthzombie View Post
That sounds like that could be very op on tanks. Get that with warmogs sunfire and randuins and you give over a ton of health.

This will only be an issue if the duration of the shield is too long. Would a tanky jungler give his ADC a shield for 4-5 seconds unless it was a last resort?

Losing 20% of your health is a major commitment!

CDiggs

10-25-2013

What if you just make the GP10 part of the items unique? That way you can have one of each if you want to build from them, but no out of control passive gold gain. If it's the new active parts, can't you just assign them the same tag like unique item effects so they don't work together?

I put my trust into the devs judgement until we have more information and a chance to mess around with them ourselves, but it honestly seems like you're taking the more complicated option. The way I suggested seems like the simpler, more obvious approach.

Anonmetric

10-25-2013

Finally, and thank god. The supports were in bad need of some love. I appreciate this emensily.

Xelnath

Systems Designer

10-25-2013
17 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudelf View Post
Will this tech be extended to other items like boots to prevent people from buying more than one of an item that doesn't stack? Seems like it would help newer players quite a bit (because who honestly hasn't bought two boots or two thornmails at some point?).
This was already done in the last patch. (For boots 1)

Lukino

10-25-2013

I'm so excited for these changes! Riot has impressed me.

Executioner's Emblem seems broken if i'm understanding it correctly. This item automatically farms the lane for your ADC? So that means you guys spend 100% of your time pressuring the ADC? I;m not sure i follow.

Mandaari

10-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloRed View Post
2: Where did you see catch-up gold? I saw catch-up XP mentioned, but not gold.
There's just extra gold for those who don't get last hits.
Misread it, but the argument about not deserving it stands. Why should I be rewarded for doing worse?

As far as getting gold in lane I'd still rather have it be shared than on an item.