Introducing Team Builder

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dingyps

10-25-2013

What about ranked bans...? Srry if this cane up earlier

TheNaughtyMammut

10-25-2013

Will this include queuing with friends? Will I be able the trio or quadra queue with all of my friends?

Chereaux

10-25-2013

Will this end the fighting for positions in the chat? :s

ALLCAPSNOSPACBAR

10-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chereaux View Post
Will this end the fighting for positions in the chat? :s

Yes

WTFRWARDS

10-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gløry View Post
Wow. Enforcing the meta. Never thought I'd see the day.

Going to edit this post to include more questions I want answered from farther within the thread. Privileged to have this position on the first page, I might as well use it:

Serrot Ynot phrased this question another way:

Another questions I myself have: Let's say I queue up as Mage/Mid as Zilean, and get slotted into a team. Does the leader see that I'm playing Zilean? Based on that picture it would seem he does. What if he doesn't like Zilean mid, is he free to just kick me? In this manner it would seem Riot is giving players the ability to enforce the meta -themselves,- by allowing them to prevent their fellow players from ever completing a game with a champion who is deemed undesirable. Care to comment?
****in Idiot.

shox reb00t

10-25-2013

This is a great feature for those times when you feel like you want to play 1 specific role on one specific champion. Now we no longer have to worry about getting that role 'stolen' by an instalocker...I would gladly wait a few more minutes in Q if it's guaranteed I get to play the champion/role I want.

However, please keep this feature out of ranked. The existing pick order system may have a few flaws, but it's on a rotational basis (you will never be last or first pick all the time. Traditionally someone HAS to be the last pick and that someone HAS to be able to fill because of pick order) and most of us have learnt to live with it. Having ranked queues replaced by team builder means that the queue time will be much longer the higher up in rank you go.

The reason for this is in ranked EVERYONE wants to carry. Apart from the few support mains, no one really wants to support because we all want to be a bigger impact on the game (not saying supports don't have it, it's just that the majority of people don't think support is detrimental to the game. Plus having to deal with your lane partner is annoying enough already. If team builder is in ranked, the majority are going to go for top/mid/adc. There really are not as many support mains as we think in comparison to those 3. Even junglers.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-25-2013
95 of 101 Riot Posts

As an update, we're doing a very limited test of Team Builder on PBE right now. There's more details here for those who have accounts on PBE:

http://community.pbe.leagueoflegends...ailable-on-pbe

Dóorhinge

10-25-2013

Lmao, I mentioned this is a post a long time ago, glad to see that Riot actually reads through some of these posts. Its like WoW

Zisi

10-25-2013

As I understand it a team captain will be able to make more or less the team he wants before queue, then play vs another captain who has done the same. Premade blindpick in it's own queue.

Whats the point? I don't think people generally care about that.

What people have been calling for is simply a means of calling lane(s) you are good at playing during queue, to reduce bickering and improve game quality for all for ranked/draft/blind games.

Options are nice, don't get me wrong I'm not opposed to another queue, some will enjoy it. However I really hope you can just cut out these little basic parts of it and apply it to the existing queues. Sorting out who is going where is the source of 90% of tears and trolling in the game, and it can be fixed pretty easy using only a subset of what you are proposing here.

Thanks

Peeb

10-25-2013

Hahaha Riot. You're welcome for this. Seems a lot like my post that got downvoted to oblivion, huh? You can just paypal me some cash, I'm more creative than your design team

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...highlight=peeb