@Morello KR Riot said Soraka Q bug is intended?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-24-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxLegend View Post
People dodge starcall? I thought they just killed Soraka and kept it moving? Even a 700AP Soraka's star call doesn't do enough damage to warrant panic.
People don't intentionally dodge it, their movement causes it to miss in a way that doesn't offer engaging play to the Soraka player or their target. Boils down to 'Starcall is uncertain circumstances unreliable at max range on a moving target', hence the fix.

vileelf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
People don't intentionally dodge it, their movement causes it to miss in a way that doesn't offer engaging play to the Soraka player or their target. Boils down to 'Starcall is uncertain circumstances unreliable at max range on a moving target', hence the fix.
While your at it, would you mind fixing kennen w?

Dark Amumu Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxLegend View Post
People dodge starcall? I thought they just killed Soraka and kept it moving? Even a 700AP Soraka's star call doesn't do enough damage to warrant panic.
If a Soraka has managed to get 700 AP in your game, panic.

Luscious Lenny

10-24-2013

hey meddler how do i get statikk to post on his pbe forum page it been 2 weeks

LxLegend

10-24-2013

Quote:
I was half joking but I always thought it was supposed to miss if people ran out of range right after the cast. Though I've noticed in ARAM when casting it and moving sometimes it would cast but people wouldn't be hit by Starcall.

But on a lighter note, we all know that the real thing to fear about a 700AP Soraka isn't Starcall but that 500 damage Lich Bane Proc Banana of Doom.

Mid Soraka

10-24-2013

Quote:
OMG a Red post! Thank you very much.

In my video:
http://www.twitch.tv/hanjustin/b/473171396
I checked my video frame by frame when I was standing in the same position.
Interesting thing is that Wraith was able to 'dodge' when it was closer to Q range.
If you look at my attachments, @ 3:53 and 3:57, when Wraith seems to be outside my Q range, it still gets hit by Q. However @ 4:04, when Wraith seems to be inside my Q range, it doesn't get hit O_O. I had all 3 pictures in the same camera angle, but can this be still caused by the camera angle?

Dryad Soraka

10-24-2013

Fix it please. If you are in range when it's cast then you should be damaged by it.

OMG halp meh plz

10-24-2013

Quote:
There's already some leniency built in (looks for targets with 625 units, casts on them provided they're still within 675 units or less)
Is this definite?

There were a few times where I was autoattacking and I could not cast starcall because nobody was in range supposedly. The wiki states that Soraka's autoattack range is 550, which would fall within the 625 that you said.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-25-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG halp meh plz View Post
Is this definite?

There were a few times where I was autoattacking and I could not cast starcall because nobody was in range supposedly. The wiki states that Soraka's autoattack range is 550, which would fall within the 625 that you said.
Auto attack ranges and spell cast ranges are not calculated quite the same way in LoL which makes things like this a bit murky. Auto attacks are measured from the edges of the attacker/target, while spells measure from the center of each model. The average difference is around 75-100 units from memory, and if you're attacking a particularly large target that may be exaggerated a bit, resulting in a situation like the one you describe where you're close enough to auto attack but not to Starcall.

OMG halp meh plz

10-25-2013

Quote:
Auto attack ranges and spell cast ranges are not calculated quite the same way in LoL which makes things like this a bit murky. Auto attacks are measured from the edges of the attacker/target, while spells measure from the center of each model. The average difference is around 75-100 units from memory, and if you're attacking a particularly large target that may be exaggerated a bit, resulting in a situation like the one you describe where you're close enough to auto attack but not to Starcall.

That would explain it, yes.

The targets I attack are rather normal sized though (ADCs), so its not limited to large targets (unless Caitlyn is considered large?). It would seem then that the 625 starcall range is only a few units shy from her autoattack of 550. Maybe 640 would be better?