An Introduction to our vision changes in preseason

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Artiger

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agaranlol View Post
they just need to remove stealth from eve and shaco and the game will be balanced
Go home, you're drunk.

LEAVE MY EVELYNN ALONE

tennis4242

10-24-2013

What is going to happen is all the people who don't ward now are still not going to ward in s4, and since the support can only place 3 the map will be dark and the support will not be able to do anything basically forcing him to rely on his team and hope they ward, or he will get a loss.

Fasciae

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis4242 View Post
What is going to happen is all the people who don't ward now are still not going to ward in s4, and since the support can only place 3 the map will be dark and the support will not be able to do anything basically forcing him to rely on his team and hope they ward, or he will get a loss.
That's... current?

You can ward everything and people will ignore pings, chat, and minimap entirely to get ganked and then still whine that nothing was done to help them or how its not their fault or "F u guyz i afk n00bs"

Bad people cannot be forced to play better and that's not what this is about. A Support is more than a mobile ward dispenser, you should be relying heavily on both strategic vision AND the abilities you use to make plays and support your team. Taric's heals and nukes should be significant, his autos semi-painful, his aura a real boost for allies or detriment to the enemy... not some guy who is there to land a key stun and then die because he's just boots and wards.

zackypooh

10-24-2013

Can support champs place more wards? I really know and love supports must wars. Most games no one else wards at all. I like having about 8 wards out at a time.and one vision in case of a sudden baron or drag.

MrUbiquitousness

10-24-2013

I'd love to see Oracles altered so it can be kept around. Maybe have it only let you destroy X wards or the buff expires automatically. It could also refund extra gold when the buff expires based on the number of wards killed. Players could still use Oracles to counter champs like Eve, Teemo, etc., or use it up earlier but make it potentially cheaper by clearing enemy vision.

On a similar subject, I don't know if the gold granted from ward kills has been discussed. How is this going to change?

tennis4242

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasciae View Post
That's... current?

You can ward everything and people will ignore pings, chat, and minimap entirely to get ganked and then still whine that nothing was done to help them or how its not their fault or "F u guyz i afk n00bs"

Bad people cannot be forced to play better and that's not what this is about. A Support is more than a mobile ward dispenser, you should be relying heavily on both strategic vision AND the abilities you use to make plays and support your team. Taric's heals and nukes should be significant, his autos semi-painful, his aura a real boost for allies or detriment to the enemy... not some guy who is there to land a key stun and then die because he's just boots and wards.

I main sona support and usuallu only buy boots and wards and I have gone from b1 to s1 this season in just a couple of months My abilities are still useful and my ultimate is key in teamfights. I ward very extensivly and actually most of my teammates dont get caught out because we have so much vision. Now that will not be the case unless they ward, which i now have no control over

MrMugglez

10-24-2013

I saw no mention of oracles. idk what the cost of the new vision wards will be, but on first read it sounds like it will be more worthwhile to just buy early oracles, and be a mobile pink ward rather than spend money or a ward that will only be in a place for likely less than a minute, since it would be pointless to defend something as trivial as that in the early game. (might be able to set traps with it, but if that is all that it is good for it, no one would go for it unless they were either in bronze or had complete vision of enemy team).

Xypherous

Systems Designer

10-24-2013
11 of 11 Riot Posts

Updated second post with answers to more frequently asked questions, including thoughts for oracles and some clarification on lens.

CaptainT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2013

I think the only people who are giving this a thumbs up don't play support.

Do you know how difficult it'll be to keep idiots alive if you can't keep half the map warded?

PaulTheMerc

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratocracy View Post
The Sweeper trinket will only detect/disable invisible traps and wards, not champions.

We wouldn't inflict that kind of punishment onto our Akali and Shaco players
would be nice if nid/cait traps placed in bush were invisible.