An Introduction to our vision changes in preseason

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BoltAktion

10-24-2013

By changing vision wards this way you are indirectly increasing the power of all stealth champions.

Did you take this into consideration?

Vyrolf

10-24-2013

Would an increased ward capacity mastery be possible? I'd sort of like to see one somewhere in the middle tier of the defense tree. I know it's not exactly straight damage reduction, but I think a bit of tactical defense fits the theme pretty well.

Pop My Shrooms

10-24-2013

I agree with Nimir Rah. As a support player I feel like you're removing my job from the game. I am very unhappy about this.

Hamut

10-24-2013

I love that you're working on this issue. I love what you've done with it. I think it fixes the problems you set out to fix.

I am worried though that you may have created a new problem, namely that map safety will go down a TON as the support (usually me) can no longer just place a ton of wards late game. I get that you don't want to force me to buy a lot of wards, but I want the option of doing so (as the late game rolls around I tend to want 5 wards on the active side of the map and another 3-5 for objectives, if I'm only allowed to set 4 I can't trust my teammates to pick up the slack).

Furthermore, reducing vision strengthens pick comps (who thrive when the enemy has limited vision because they get to choose and ward the area of engagement) which are already dominant in the current metagame, are you worried about this particular balance issue?

TDLB4LIFE

10-24-2013

So will Ashe be getting a change to her E? Right now it's super niche utility, but with the scanner, literally every champion has access to her worst spell.

exec3

10-24-2013

Another question. What do you mean when you say Sweeper 'disables' wards/traps? Do they die or do they just not work for a few seconds? Trying to imagine being able to walk over Teemo traps without them popping. :S

Marenjii

10-24-2013

I think some of you guys are stuck in an S3 state of mind. 3 wards per person, means 15 for the whole team. That's good enough to sufficiently ward the map, while using trinkets to do quick checks. Can't wait to see how this play out, especially since supports are now going to be helping to make plays more heavily, with their ability to now buy team items more often, and sooner into the game. Vayne is building AS? Your support buys Frozen Heart.

hartar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimir Rah View Post
I admit I haven't read everything yet but I immediately read the part about only being able to put three wards on the map at a time.

This really, really hurts me.

As a support main in late game I ward the map as much as I can. Sometimes I don't even bother with a sightstone simply because of the ward limit on it. I buy a ton of wards and this will punish me SEVERELY. I know the alternative is having others buy wards late game too, but I'm fine being the only one who can do that as support.

Perhaps the role of it is to reduce the heavy responsibility on the support gold wise to get many wards, but this will just cause their teammates to berate them more. "Why isn't there more vision? Why did you put the ward THERE of all places?" I don't think this will really force others to buy wards but may put unneeded stress on the supports who already adapted to the team's need for vision.

This one change--everything else I can handle--but this one change bothers me to my core. I'm sorry.
I agree with you.I really think it will put alot of unecessary strees,to a class that is not popular at all.This is a time bomb and i hope,for the good of the game,it explode fast,so then,Riot can fix this A soon as possible.

jerradwolf

10-24-2013

hey xelnath,

do the newly designed pink wards just reveal the new stealth wards, or do they still reveal stealthed champions too?

i do understand that you said the trinket scanner doesn't reveal stealthed champs, but may be upgraded later for a gold fee.

PubME

10-24-2013

@Riot - Can we please focus on the forums located at http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com?

Reddit has lots of NSFW content interwoven into a few worthwhile threads. I can't view that from my desk at work even though I have the freedom to play around on the forums during down times. Lots of us are in the same boat.

It makes no sense to focus your attention to a web site you don't own, that wasn't created by you to discuss your own game.

:-/ :-/ :-/ :-/