An Introduction to our vision changes in preseason

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZapatillaLoca

10-24-2013

I still think wards should be eliminated all together, Ive been playing since season 1 and am firmly convinced they ad nothing to the game except for an unfair advantage over who wards more...why even bother having a fog of war if you can remove it with xtra gold??...wards never have and never will make any sense to me..

vennomite

10-24-2013

So... late game if i want to use more than one ward from a trinket do i have to keep only 5 items? this seems like it could be potentially problematic. (although 4 trinket team + 3 support does give 8 wards but no counter vision except on support.)

LxLegend

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratocracy View Post
The Sweeper trinket will only detect/disable invisible traps and wards, not champions.

We wouldn't inflict that kind of punishment onto our Akali and Shaco players
Who cares about them? It's Teemo we want to kill.

thumbnail9

10-24-2013

Hmmm, this can actually turn out really well. I like the limit to wards but giving a person a free ward at the start of the game is going to murder the jungler. Which is now why I see you put in the new jungle changes.

Delibird

10-24-2013

So one thing I like to do with my extra gold and pink ward as support is throw it in my mid's lane if they're against an akali, or there's an eve/rengar on the map. Is there going to be any viable way to counter champions with stealth? I can understand the strategy and available counterplay of having to defend pinks in a bush against eve or whatever, sure- but I just don't see a practical way of playing against stealth units (especially if they're ranged) when they can just kill your ward before invising. Unless pink wards cost 10g and have no stack limit.
Dropping a pink in a teamfight to keep tabs on akali/vayne/twitch/rengar/kha movements doesn't seem like it'll work with the pink getting blown up constantly.

If this is the way it's going to be, can we at least revert the radius of oracle's elixir to how it used to be? By the time you're close enough to detect a fed stealth champ you're already dead.

Or maybe make oracle's active on corpses so at least the rest of our team has a shot at killing them after we found them D: Just seems like it's going to be too easy to snowball on a stealth champ.

Cylince II

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2013

@Xypherous & Xelnath

If each player gets a free ward right off the start (trinket), will this essentially eliminate the early jungle invasion tactic? Maybe a 2 minute delay on trinket use?

DKitten

10-24-2013

The new support build is more or less:

Ruby Sightstone
1-3 pink wards (just to have on-hand)
Boots of Mobility (though this might change due to the ward limitation...)
...and three slots open. With the S3 items, that's probably a Shurelya's Reverie, Locket of the Iron Solari, and Twin Shadows.

Bdrivens

10-24-2013

hey i have an idea for late game because only being able to place 4 total wards is not nearly enough and by late game many of my teammates already have 5 items.

so how about when the game gets past a certain time (lets say 20 minutes), the laning phase is usually over so u get to place an extra green ward to prevent roaming.
Maybe also once the game starts going really late like 40 minutes u are now able to place a 5th green ward.

by not being able to have drago, baron, and your jungle warded it creates passiveness so being able to have extra wards in te opponents jungle can increase strategy and trying to catch someone out and alone.

Amelie

10-24-2013

Stealth junglers are gonna be a real pain to deal with now. Might even see Shaco and Twitch jungle become more popular again (oh god). I feel like I'll be taking CV on my supports more often with these changes... maybe even pick up Eleisa's miracle.

GnomeDigest

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2013

FYI its pretty pathetic for the reds not to discuss this on their own forums and instead taking it to reddit. Screw reddit.