An Introduction to our vision changes in preseason

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nexus Crawler

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
We've actually found picking the red or blue is the most powerful thing a support can do early game - grants a ton of bush control and face-check safety. Since warding is the default behaviour tho - this is probably a good thing.
IMO the behaviour I would expect would be to rush my sightstone, and pick up Sweeper/Lens to either gain vision/brush check while warding, or ward/vision denial.

Dryad Soraka

10-24-2013

Not quite sure how I feel about this. Of course we'd all get used to it but the only thing I hated about Sightstone was the ward limit. And now we have hard ward limits.

Garlic Bread Zed

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by eceto View Post
How I seeing the trinkets going down.

Top: ward
Mid: ward (may take CV if they are roaming/stealing buffs)
Adc: ward (because the support will already HAVE 3 wards easy, and sight stone give them 3, why would they take another free ward when they can already hit the ward limit. This also allows the ADC to ward even if they support is not around.
Support: Sweeper or CV. (Like I said, they can easily hit the cap anyways, so taking another ward is useless)
Jungler: Sweeper if you are up against a team that is warding your jungle, or CV the rest of the time.

Over all im really liking these trinkets.

I also am okay with the pink change, my only concern is that wards die really really fast when visible. I have placed/killed enough wards to know that you can kill those things very easily. An adc and support can take out a ward in like under a second. If the enemy knows where you are placing your pink, it will not be hard for them to kill it. Also you can no longer really pink dragon or baron, as any roaming champ on your team can just walk up and kill it. Personally I would increase the health of pinks (to maybe 4 or 5 hits?) just so they dont get insta jibed in lane.

Over all this is looking pretty good. It is somewhat a shame that it has come to the point where we have to limit the amount of wards a support can place because other lanes refuse to buy them, but what can you do.

8/10
I believe Pinks take 5 hits. From what I read.

JayFoe

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspeonageTieler View Post
but 3 wards just is not enough to keep vision
That's the intended result.

If the new system allows for one player to manage the vision needs of an entire team, Support will be forced into that role and support will return to spending all their income on wards.

Efficient use of income means money goes to ADC > Mid/Top > Jungler > Support. If there's any way for a cost to be borne by someone further down the chain than the ADC, teams will gravitate towards that solution and it will establish itself in the meta.

The new system cannot allow one player to control an entire map for vision. Vision will now be something an entire team coordinates to control. That's an intended change, and a necessary way for Support to be a more interesting and fulfilling role to play for most players.

Cypherous

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
This is the intended result. If you have sightstone, you should no longer feel the need to buy green wards again. Period.
So the intended result is to make it so that low ELO supports CANNOT carry their team by making up for the players who dont understand wards/refuse to buy them because the aren't the "support"

I seriously have to doubt if any of you balance guys have ever actually played support at silver/bronze because if you had then you know this is a terrible idea, although as already stated if this change goes through i have no reason to continue playing league which is a shame after the cash i've spent on my account, shame its going to go to waste sitting here doing nothing

3 green 3 pink under the current mechanics is the minimum i would settle for as i dislike sightstone already because it doesn't provide the required vision, as mentioned this will make eve far too strong as your pink ward will be seen a mile off and killed anyway and not being able to have multiple pinks means you can't cover multiple entrances

Acitcratna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2013

If vision wards are now visible, does that mean oracle's is the only counter to stealth champions? And with the new vision system, what is the best way to deal with Evelynn?

Skyhawke

10-24-2013

Xelnath, bro, you have to refer to the tokens by what they do, and not by their color. We're not privy to their colors quite yet.

PubME

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryad Soraka View Post
Not quite sure how I feel about this. Of course we'd all get used to it but the only thing I hated about Sightstone was the ward limit. And now we have hard ward limits.
That's the point!

Ward limits mean that no single person is responsible for making the map a Green'n'Pink Christmas Tree.

Now you can focus on other things, like scaling up to be relevant.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

10-24-2013
8 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlBlue View Post
- Game starts
- Buy 5 Lens, activate them all at the same time at key locations
- Great you know where the enemy is now.
- Repeat during the whole match.

I can't wait to see the counterplays around that. I hope at least the revealing effect is visible to the enemy team, so they can have a clue why they suddenly got ganked merely 1 minute into the game.
Totem places a ward that is revealed and disabled by Sweeper. Sweeper's effect cannot prevent a Lens reveal. Totems are better for persistent and combat vision than Lens.

Garlic Bread Zed

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherous View Post
So the intended result is to make it so that low ELO supports CANNOT carry their team by making up for the players who dont understand wards/refuse to buy them because the aren't the "support"

I seriously have to doubt if any of you balance guys have ever actually played support at silver/bronze because if you had then you know this is a terrible idea, although as already stated if this change goes through i have no reason to continue playing league which is a shame after the cash i've spent on my account, shame its going to go to waste sitting here doing nothing

3 green 3 pink under the current mechanics is the minimum i would settle for as i dislike sightstone already because it doesn't provide the required vision, as mentioned this will make eve far too strong as your pink ward will be seen a mile off and killed anyway and not being able to have multiple pinks means you can't cover multiple entrances

I'll take your account off your hands for you!