An Introduction to our vision changes in preseason

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CryTexKill

10-24-2013

So this new trinkets they all gonna have the same CD or they gonna have a different cd each one?
and if ur top adc and mid have full inventory dat only give u 6 wards, and thats only if ur jungler buy wards if not u only gonna have 3 wards that u can place in the map.

Now ppl gonna blame the jungler if they dont help the support with wards, its sounds to me that now sigthstone gonna be a mandatory item for junglers, only if ur not a carry jungler like tryn or yi. But if u are a tanky one ppl gonna blame you. =/

Vladmir the Hand

10-24-2013

Lots of players have mentioned that Junglers will now have a harder time ganking because of free wards in lanes.

This can be true, assuming all lanes on both teams choose to get ward trinkets. But then both Junglers will have a an equally hard time. Junglers will be better off farming the jungle. Faster jungle clears have an edge.

But wait. Say your team has a ganky jungler like sejuani, and they have a fast clear jungler like yi, then a savvy team would recognize a sight stalemate would only benefit the other team because their yi can clear faster. So, you break the stalemate by getting sweepers, and opening a path for your jungle to gank.

But wait. Say your the yi team, and you anticipate the enemy team getting sweepers, you either switch to getting the clairvoyance trinkets, or stay with the ward trunks but try to place them in atypical spots on the map. So in a sense, yes the enemy team does have more vision than before, but it is still very incomplete or circumstantial.

I like what this will do for laners. Right now, sometimes it feels like bum luck when a jungler arrives to gank you. Now, lanes have more tangible control over whether they let themselves get into that situation.

Also, jungles will be getting a gold and xp boost as well, plus a new cap'n to create more pathing options. This means that junglers can and should make ganks when opportunities present themself; however they don't necessarily NEED to make ganks, particularly early game, to stay relevant.

Super Explosion

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
This is the intended result. If you have sightstone, you should no longer feel the need to buy green wards again. Period.
How does this improve the already existing support earlygame?

It's still wards+pots+cheapitem right?

Is sightstone such an improved item that you don't feel weak and dedicated to warding by rush-buying it?

Do you feel like you should buy something other than sightstone or similar ward-support (like gold generation) as a support?

Zyquux

10-24-2013

One thing I want to know about is how Clairvoyance is going to be affected by this. Will it get buffed? Would the (relative) lack of wards now mean it could be useful for once? Perhaps one of the trinkets could be upgraded to buff CV? Mainly, I want to know if there will be a way to make people want to pick it up over a combat Summoner Spell.

alfavhunter

10-24-2013

How eve stealth will work with wards is simple make them capable of seeing her BUT at a reduced range similar to how she can be in the sight range if a champion but be unseen

As for jungler ward respond abilities make smite interact with the trinkets

Something like smithing with a totem trinket refreshes the cd

Smithing with a sweeper will reveal all nearby wards for 5 seconds (1000 range? Which gives protection from wards in the jungle an can be used after visiting a lane to get rid of a river ward without using the CD

Smithing with a lens will cause using lens within 3 seconds to also keep an effected enemy champion revealed for 2 seconds, improving ganks vs stealthers but has to be used before they stealth

This also opens up the option if taking smite in lane for the trinket benefits

And it gives junglers a real choice on when to smite

Garlic Bread Zed

10-24-2013

Quote:
This is the intended result. If you have sightstone, you should no longer feel the need to buy green wards again. Period.
and with the pink wards with no decay! That is clever. I can tell Riot has thought this through. There is going to be a lot more emphasis on map control.

Jassu

10-24-2013

Quote:
Good. I hate having Sightstone and still having to go back to base and buy stacks of green wards.

Twillera

10-24-2013

How I seeing the trinkets going down.

Top: ward
Mid: ward (may take CV if they are roaming/stealing buffs)
Adc: ward (because the support will already HAVE 3 wards easy, and sight stone give them 3, why would they take another free ward when they can already hit the ward limit. This also allows the ADC to ward even if they support is not around.
Support: Sweeper or CV. (Like I said, they can easily hit the cap anyways, so taking another ward is useless)
Jungler: Sweeper if you are up against a team that is warding your jungle, or CV the rest of the time.

Over all im really liking these trinkets.

I also am okay with the pink change, my only concern is that wards die really really fast when visible. I have placed/killed enough wards to know that you can kill those things very easily. An adc and support can take out a ward in like under a second. If the enemy knows where you are placing your pink, it will not be hard for them to kill it. Also you can no longer really pink dragon or baron, as any roaming champ on your team can just walk up and kill it. Personally I would increase the health of pinks (to maybe 4 or 5 hits?) just so they dont get insta jibed in lane.

Over all this is looking pretty good. It is somewhat a shame that it has come to the point where we have to limit the amount of wards a support can place because other lanes refuse to buy them, but what can you do.

8/10

Ironstryde

10-24-2013

Will pink wards become even cheaper than green now due to losing invisibility?

PubME

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
It is. They're intimately related.

You're trying to reduce the ward burden on supports?

Give supports items to have that are as good as wards.

The same reason every other class doesn't want to buy wards.

This creates a strategic decision for the support player between vision and other kinds of support.
Sorry friend, but this doesn't need to turn into an argument about support.

It's about vision.

Everyone has access to granting it now. There's no excuse not to drop wards. Plus, every teammate has a limit of wards placed at any given time.

Problem fixed, at least on a high level.

The thread is more about reactions and finding the nuances that could become problematic with vision, not supports.