An Introduction to our vision changes in preseason

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nabonidus

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Nexus View Post
Ward ideas:
Ward which has only a small view distance but if the ward discover a champion he is marked for a time.
More support masteries for wards.
These are actually good ideas. I could see a nifty mastery option for supports where, say, the first 2 points increase your placed ward limit by 1, then have the 'level 2' be the amount of wards your totem can hold would be increased by two.

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2013

will ward jumpers like Kat and Jax have any special interactions like not being able to jump to trinket wards?

Does this mean Teemo is now countered with a free item that takes up no slot space?

ThrawnFett

10-24-2013

Where does Oracles figure into this?

Kira Onime

10-24-2013

a 20 ward limit per team really shouldn't limit any vision.

3 greens and 1 pink per player if I got it right.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

10-24-2013
5 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Dragon View Post
Excuse me, Xypherous or Xelnath, but what consequences do you see the "SWEEPER" having in laning phase versus champions that rely on stealth for defense/evasion?

(Akali, Kha'Zix, Wukong, Shaco, Talon, Teemo, Vayne, and to a lesser extent Twitch and Rengar)
Sweeper doesn't reveal stealthed champions - only objects. We may allow for a cash upgrade to gain that ability, but it would be on a longish cooldown.

Noraver

10-24-2013

That all sounds great, but really Xelnath, you know exactly who's going to take what.

Top: Ward
Jungle: Sweeper
Middle: Ward/Mini CV
ADCarry: Mini CV
Support: Forced into taking the ward for early game

Why this way?
Tops need wards. Junglers need to get rid of those wards. ADCarries and mid laners? Well, mid can ward if they'd like, but if they're a caster they'd like the mini CV to hit those skill shots. Same goes for AD during brawls bottom.
And of course, Supports will be forced to get the ward. I was looking forward to picking up the Mini CV as Support, but I can honestly say I feel like once again they'll just get pigeonholed. That, or literally everyone in the game will have Mini CV late-game (since there's a ward cap) and just place their own wards. Then there would arguably be too MUCH vision.

Not judging yet, as I'm curious to see the way this turns out, but still, I'm sure ADCarries will find some way to force the Supports into taking the trinket they don't want. Really hoping this doesn't happen.

12fingerJIM

10-24-2013

Will Eve be changed at all to reflect changes in pink wards?

CTownRocks

10-24-2013

Sorry Riot but this is bull**** really. As a frequent support player I like to buy 5-10 per back once late game hits to get coverage everywhere, but with this system it relies on your team to adapt to the new only 4 wards concept. I like how it forces everyone to ward, but plz bump up the limit.

PubME

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratocracy View Post
The Sweeper trinket will only detect/disable invisible traps and wards, not champions.

We wouldn't inflict that kind of punishment onto our Akali and Shaco players
As a corollary to this, vision can be important.

OK - Vision Wards can still be used during Akali (and similar) stealth for the sake of teamfights, and they can be focued during teamfights. I'm thinking of a team retreating, and the enemy taking down the pink ward instead of chasing. I like this strategy possibility being open - to chase, or not to chase?

But this begs the question: Has Riot considered the ramifications of team mates NOT warding? I really, really like the sound of this new system, but I don't see anywhere that Riot's put a ton of thought into ways to get people to use it.

I'm even thinking about Lyte's opinion on the topic of a new report: "Refusing to Ward". If they're free, this should - and could become - necessary for the sake of the PB&J Team.

Trimead

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira Onime View Post
a 20 ward limit per team really shouldn't limit any vision.

3 greens and 1 pink per map if I got it right.
yeah basically only 3 greens and 1 pink for everyone in a single game. Greens last like 3 mins. have fun