I've never played ranked before and I get paired up with mostly high silver/gold?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Metros

10-24-2013

This is normal games I'm taking about, & I hit level 30 yesterday & I've never played ranked before. Is this common?

Metros

10-24-2013

Bump.

RiotGradius

Associate Information Security Engineer

10-24-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

LoL has two different ratings it uses to match you up with others. Your ranked rating is separate from your normal rating. You just happen to have a good enough normal rating that you're being paired with players of that skill level. As you play more games, your rating will adjust to the proper level, if you feel it's too high now.

MackleDoge

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotGradius View Post
LoL has two different ratings it uses to match you up with others. Your ranked rating is separate from your normal rating. You just happen to have a good enough normal rating that you're being paired with players of that skill level. As you play more games, your rating will adjust to the proper level, if you feel it's too high now.
Of course, to be honest, this ignores the instance of the matchmaking system just giving people really horrible match ups. We all know it happens and while I don't have it happen all that often, it does exist. But Gradius is right, it will usually even out the more you play.

BlastTyrant

10-24-2013

It won't even out as you play...

Metros

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotGradius View Post
So if I played ranked I would most likely be put in Silver/Gold?

Teirdome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metros View Post
I wouldn't necessarily say that. If you are winning most lanes against silver/gold players and carrying the occasional game, then probably so.

Akslickricky

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metros View Post
Maybe but it also depends on how many games you win out of the 10 games.

Matake

10-24-2013

there is absolutely no difference between bronze and platinum. the only way to rise in ranked is by duoing, which eliminates a huge difference in losses. i've been stuck in silver 5 forever because of bad teammates and ever since i've been duoing i've never had a losing streak.