An Introduction to our vision changes in preseason

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arceoxys

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm Krueger ml View Post
My immediate concern is that this isn't enough to stop forcing supports into putting most of their gold into vision.

A 3 ward limit and I can still buy wards and pinks and I can still get a Sightstone.

This means a supports early game sounds largely unchanged. Make sure you constantly have at least 3 wards down + a pink on hand, then go Sightstone ASAP.

The only way this might be alleviated is if the increased gold income means the Sightstone can be bought without much trouble early on...
And once you have SS, all you need is 1 or 2 pinks on hand, and the rest of your gold goes to items.

CrankyCalamari2

10-24-2013

This looks awesome. Great work. The strategy in who gets the different trinkets, diversifying vision load, cheaper... Fantastic.

SlayerRequiem

10-24-2013

@Riot:

Isn't this going to become a straight buff to champs with invisibility abilities in lane phase such as Twitch, Akali, and Evelyn as they can easily find out that there is a pink ward on them and they can destroy it before it messes with them too much. I know I like to drop pinks in lane when facing champs with invisible abilities to help me deal with that power, and I'd assume that vision wards had been considered when balancing these abilities, so...how is this going to effect that?

Socratocracy

Gameplay Analyst

10-24-2013
4 of 11 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinterheart View Post
I like where this is going.
When you said the Sweeper trinket can see invisible units and disable them does that include(I assume) stealth units?
With the Lens Trinket will Clairvoyance be removed? And aren't you afraid of teams just focusing all their clairvoyance trinkets in one quarter of the map to pass through safely?
And won't Evelynn be really strong now? Q_Q

The Sweeper trinket will only detect/disable invisible traps and wards, not champions.

We wouldn't inflict that kind of punishment onto our Akali and Shaco players

Cypherous

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Each player can now only place up to three Stealth Wards on the map. Placing extra Stealth Wards removes the oldest Stealth Ward. This includes wards from sources such as Sightstone, Wriggle's Lantern and trinkets
Each players can now only place one Vision Ward on the map at a time
As a support main i have now decided that season 4 is the season in which i stop playing, hope to see you all again in season 5, 3 and 3 i could have handled, but 4 overal means you can shove them somewhere the sun doesn't shine

Vsin

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FxE Baylife View Post
I have only one major concern regarding these changes.

As a bot lane main (adc and support) I find that the best way to play against a Twitch is to drop a nice pink right in the middle of the lane. With these pink ward changes, that is basically a waste of time and gold now. How will this actually impact stealth characters? To me this seems like a giant buff to all stealth characters.
Put it on the edge of the side bush, then exert lane pressure to defend it. The 5 HP on the Vision ward should offset ward wars if the opponent drops a Sight ward to try to clear it.

Super Explosion

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arceoxys View Post
And once you have SS, all you need is 1 or 2 pinks on hand, and the rest of your gold goes to items.
Rest of what gold?

As long as the marksman is going to use that gold better than you, they'll get all your farm.

Again, the earlygame especially seems largely unchanged from now.

Veliuz

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratocracy View Post
The Sweeper trinket will only detect/disable invisible traps and wards, not champions.

We wouldn't inflict that kind of punishment onto our Akali and Shaco players
Eve players confirmed for second-class citizens.

Flytrap

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherous View Post
As a support main i have now decided that season 4 is the season in which i stop playing, hope to see you all again in season 5, 3 and 3 i could have handled, but 4 overal means you can shove them somewhere the sun doesn't shine
Cy@

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2013

Depending on the cD, it is going to be like this

Junglers not named Lee Sin or Jax will all pick up the Sweeper Trinket. Those two get Totem.

Supports will get Sight Stone and Sweeper.

Everyone else will take Lens.