An Introduction to our vision changes in preseason

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nuclear Dragon

10-24-2013

Excuse me, Xypherous or Xelnath, but what consequences do you see the "SWEEPER" having in laning phase versus champions that rely on stealth for defense/evasion?

(Akali, Kha'Zix, Wukong, Shaco, Talon, Teemo, Vayne, and to a lesser extent Twitch and Rengar)

Kaiju Khris

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabulator View Post
Fifteen wards per team really shouldn't limit your vision much. It will just shift
The responsibility to the entire team instead of the support.
How though?

Lower elos still don't believe in warding. Now with a cap you are even going to have less vision which means more treading where you shoudln't be= getting caught= gg= crying and despair.

Seriously though I love it but with a limit, how do we make non-warding players actually WARD.

Roenier

10-24-2013

I got a few concerns about this.

The biggest counter to Eve is pink wards. So without pink wards does that mean there's no counter to stealth units? Or are the wards going to grant that vision to see them? I have a feeling what the answer is but I better ask otherwise Eve and other stealth champs are going to be OP.

Also a concern about supports. We all know the abuse supports get about vision and how ''it's their job to ward'' Ok early phase fair enough but whatever not the point. My point is won't supports be as seen ''Ward and defend it'' and if they don't then get abused about it. Or when trying to defend their wards their AD dies and flames them for not helping. I hope people understand where I'm coming from. I don't want to see supports getting more stick for a wrong decision.

Grishhammer

10-24-2013

Won't the sweeper just replace the use of oracle's elixir?

Super Explosion

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limakoko808 View Post
so because trinkets are exchangeable, if u start with totem, but at one point already have 3 stealth wards down u would be better off using a different trinket? or does totem not count in the 3 stealth ward limit?
The 1 minute timecap on Totem wards will probably make it strictly worse than the vision denial of Sweeper.

Per activation, you gain 1 minute of vision for Totem.

Per activation, you remove 3 minutes of vision and gain gold for Sweeper.

The mini CV also seems (depending on cooldown) a lower risk variant than Totem.

Flytrap

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusAudley View Post
Seems pretty strategic to me.

"Buy items that make the blind ******* on your team a little less blind."

Good strategy.
Any good Support knows that putting a @#$%-ton of wards on the map is the best way of ensuring that your team does well. If you aren't making sure that you have an Oracle's up whenever possible and that you have ~8+ wards in your inventory at a time, then you aren't doing it right.

Since this is currently the only real way to play Support, there isn't any strategy behind this method; it's essentially buy vision or lose.

Kaiju Khris

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabonidus View Post
This, right here? THIS is the good ****. You the man, Xypherous.

Maybe supports will get to build items again finally now, and Support will feel less like the whip-scarred role it currently is.
I think that is one way they are fixing the gold income of supports by limiting the amount they can buy.

Nabonidus

10-24-2013

I WILL state once concern though, as much as I love all these changes: Vision wards no longer being stealthed. This is going to be problematic for pretty much one character: Eve. Now if she jungles or roams, you prevent a gank, but she clears the ward because it's not invisible, making it cost 125g every time she roams for the privilege of not getting killed by her.

Unless I'm missing something here.

Fabtech

10-24-2013

Are you nerfing the price of rune's? They cost 2 much ty

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarPirate View Post
coupled with the slowing of the snowballing in league, this is actually a good thing. if you win your lane right now in league, only to have your others lose, thats game. with this system, you can still set up picks and use your skills to get back into games, instead, for playing for 20, or just waiting to lose.
as it is right now, once you start to lose the vision battle, its multiplicative.
Fnatic disproved that theory with some of their wins throughout EU LCS and at World Championships this season.

They strategically selected a brush to Pink, waited in the brush, and started a pick-off train that acted as their express ticket back into the game.