@Morello, About gold income for junglers/supports

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UATderpyderp

10-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I think in the Smite sense, there's an argument to that effect that I agree with - yes. It restricts options to focus on one decision constantly, and that's a nuanced thing that is not necessarily core to League. It could be more optimal to not have Smite in the game.
So why not do it? Now you have to coordinate with burst for your team, and now contesting baron becomes a real adrenaline rush.

Xelnath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Systems Designer

10-24-2013
43 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
We have a solution that will be grossly mistuned to address this when we launch. More when Xelnath posts on it!
... oh, thanks for the vote of confidence!

But yes. We are going into this knowing it won't be perfect. We'll need your help to get it right before the dawn of Season 4.

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post

But yes. We are going into this knowing it won't be perfect. We'll need your help to get it right before the dawn of Season 4.
Xelnath, I'm just going to throw this out there, but I really, really don't mind if my support Leona is ridiculously OP for a few days because your work is grossly mistuned.

Just saying.

I would kinda like it.

Edit: In all seriousness, though, I'm extremely excited.

doublelift fg

10-24-2013

xelnath will you change the season 3 new support items? like banner of the commande?

BedderDanu

10-24-2013

So if I go 3/3 on predictions, do I win a job?
1) Wards should work like recall - Pending
2) First Edition Skins - Correct
3) The new forums should have an unnested sort - Correct

</Brag>

Avericus

10-24-2013

Should make an energy recharge buff. Make it a camp of Lee Sins...

2fast2sivir

10-24-2013

jesus xelnath please get statikk to return to his thread on his champion he is balancing it has been 10 days

009Deathwolf

10-24-2013

Quote:
I think in the Smite sense, there's an argument to that effect that I agree with - yes. It restricts options to focus on one decision constantly, and that's a nuanced thing that is not necessarily core to League. It could be more optimal to not have Smite in the game.

how about having a jungle item that has smite as an active with same cooldown it has on the summoner spell.
And the damage on smite could scale the same way as health, mana and ap scale on ROD of Ages.
Also maybe having a passive that refunds some health everytime you kill a jungle creep or grant +X gold would be really good.
And make the item such that it can be upgraded into something useful after the jungle phase is over, while retaining the smite active and the damage stacks on smite.

tenrel

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post

see....we got this response before season 3, and season 3 balance was...not the best it's been.

here's hoping that changed though

FIedermaus

10-24-2013

Quote:
For now, not a new asset. We want to change that, but no time for it right now.
Will Nunu get a fourth effect on Consume?