Fizz's changes might as well be a buff.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Level5syndrome

10-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xiDIzE View Post
50% win rate. So very, very overpowered.

This is what we call nerf creep. Once everything at 50% has been nerfed, we'll start nerfing all those "overpowered" champions at 49% and under.

But let's keep QQing about a perfectly balanced champion not getting nerfed hard enough. Fkin' 12-year-olds.
LOL mad

not sure whats more pathetic, the fact that you're a ****ty fizz main or the fact that you think lolkings win ratio means ****.

Legendary Silver

10-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehVoidoo View Post
^
Poster's 2nd most played champion is Fizz.

Stop trying to defend a broken champion just because you can't abuse him anymore.
Why don't you play smart against a Fizz - bring someone with lots of auto attack ability and decent all in. Orianna comes to mind. I've always done well as Twisted Fate against Fizz as well.

Talinis

10-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level5syndrome View Post
LOL mad

not sure whats more pathetic, the fact that you're a ****ty fizz main or the fact that you think lolkings win ratio means ****.

It actually does mean something. It can mean how overpowered or underpowered a champion is. Such as how olaf had 40% win rate. How many would claim that win rate is not a direct result of him being underpowered and gutted. Yes, it was a direct reflection.

It also is a reflection of how easy or hard a champion is. Harder champions tend to have lower win rates due to the skill curve. Most players will not be able to pick up the champion and do well, thus lowering the win rate. Meanwhile, easy champions mean anyone can perform fairly well, making win rates higher.

It could also mean how well a champion works in a meta, how well it can carry games, how well it meshes with various team comps etc etc etc.

If a champion wins 50% of his games, and loses 50% of his games, that means that somehow, people are figuring out how to beat him half the time. That means that on average, nobody is gaining any elo with that champion. So "free-elo" makes me lol because right now, the statistics show the average person loses elo when taking fizz. And this is SUPPOSED to be fizz's prime meta right now. He is SUPPOSED to be overpowered.

So what's the hangup? What's causing fizz's win rate to be lower than half the champions in league? Maybe he takes a lot of skill? But GD claims he is super easy.

The only possible thought process for his win rates to be lower is that people are playing fizz that don't know how to play him. But at less than 11% play rate, that makes me kinda doubful, looking at the win rates of more popular champions (higher play rates), such as Ahri, esp since GD claims she's harder to play than fizz. And then we are also going back into the territory of how hard fizz is to play.

Well, one things for sure, it isn't adding up. If fizz was everything GD claimed, he'd have 60% win rates. People aren't having as much success on fizz as GD tries to show.

Vongeo

10-23-2013

Nerf Fizz.

Tortferngatr

10-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
This is actually only a fix to the targeting indicator. Fizz's E is already that size and the radius indicator on mouse over undersells the AOE size at present.
...Any other champs with distinctly SuddEnlise cast range syndrome to fix?

Talinis

10-23-2013

Quote:
This is actually only a fix to the targeting indicator. Fizz's E is already that size and the radius indicator on mouse over undersells the AOE size at present.

Meddler, if you are still lurking on this thread, I implore you to look into Fizz's Q range indicator. It feels like it's a little large. I've had people in my indicator but yet not be able to Q to them unless they are well inside the circle (as in, full body + a tiny bit). It's frustrated me a lot.

Baculus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2013

Fizz was horribly broken and unkillable if played with any degree of competence. He has a built in Zhonyas, a dash, debuffs, an AOE for his ult, and other bonuses to his kit. All around he's just too strong and when he gets a zhonyas things are just broken.

He needs the nerfs, and I don't think this one really does anything to the real issue.

LtSmashFSP

10-23-2013

Anyone with a brain that hates Fizz has either been screwed by his E or hate his Q. Saying that his E has a lot of coutnerplay is funny. Especially when you watch top tier players dodge all kinds of **** with it. Elise E and Vlad W can dodge the same stuff that Fizz can the only difference is that if Zed ult were to go off then Fizz could e it and Vlad can't nor can Elise rappel it. Fizz E also does damage as a gap closer and is considerably faster than Vlad W and elise e does no damage. Vlads troll escape cost 20%of his health Fizz's costs some mana. Also Vlads only does damage if he doesn't use it as an escape or fails to escape with it. Elise E cost no mana and does no damage last time I checked. So you have Fizz going invulnerable and dodging CC and ults that are already on him whereas everyone else is actually making a trade to not die. Fizz is damage mobility and a soft slow if I remember correctly. Also the shark is not a slow skill shot especially in teamfights you aren't likely to dodge it. Just saying that calling him the weakest of the four is not even right. His ult can chunk a whole team his E and Q with W shred squishy's not to mention the W is grievous wounds and percentage health damage.

Also to the whackos that keep saying TF counters Fizz. You're bad. Watch the C9 FNC game where it is established that Fizz counters TF by the commentators. I seriously don't know why this keeps being said. I don't lose to Fizz's in lane often but that doesn't mean I can't tell that the dude is cheap. I mean you miss kills on Fizz frequently that no other champ would get away with. He could seriously have his ratios and just take damage during his E and that would be fair. It is already pretty fast and does solid damage while doubling as a gap closer and escape.

RoyalAtreyuX

10-23-2013

Quote:
So it's already 300 it's just... not 300 with the indicator?

Talinis

10-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baculus View Post
Fizz was horribly broken and unkillable if played with any degree of competence. He has a built in Zhonyas, a dash, debuffs, an AOE for his ult, and other bonuses to his kit. All around he's just too strong and when he gets a zhonyas things are just broken.

He needs the nerfs, and I don't think this one really does anything to the real issue.

Mmm, let's list tools of other champions and see how horribly broken their kits sound in comparison to what you just listed.

Jarvan: Does damage based on enemies maximum hp as a passive. Has a high base damage mid range attack that lowers enemies armor. Has a ranged move that provides buffs. Has a long range gap close + knock up. Has a shield that can also slow. Has another jump that can trap people inside a prison for 3 1/2 seconds.

Ahri: Has 35% spell vamp after several attacks. Has ranged auto attacks. Has an aoe true damage ability. Has a long range hard CC ability which lasts 2 seconds. Has an ability which auto targets you, doing high damage just by being anywhere close to her. Has a triple gap close ultimate which also does high base damage just by being close to her.