@Morello, About gold income for junglers/supports

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-23-2013
38 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozzeta View Post
Sorry Morello, but this doesn't address the issue. Supports are probably the characters who benefit the least from stats, but work better without without items than other characters do, or at least that was before the heavy nerfing.

An Annie with a some AP will be better than a Sona with a some AP. The damage potential plus on demand stunt beat her 120 CD stunt and 0.7 two target attack.

I'd suppose you'd want to address it with that scaling utility issue, but how will that even work? Like current Taric's Shatter? Or will we now have supports with little to no scaling and all stats going to increase utility?

I'm certainly concerned that this scaling utility thing will become something like the abilities of pre rework Karma. You'd think a champion able to increase her skills to level 6 was something really cool and powerful, but since everything was balanced around her ultimate, a level 6 skill non enhanced was weaker than another character's level 5 skill, meaning she had to use an extra point to achieve a level that was still below others if not increased.
What I mean with this is that with scaling utility, all their base effects are going to go down for obvious reasons, and then they'll need items to achieve a level of knockup, slow, stun, etc... that probably mage champions could do by simply having leveled the skill, or even on level 1 for one point wonders. I don't really see how will this be balanced.
We have a solution that will be grossly mistuned to address this when we launch. More when Xelnath posts on it!

silverbacon

10-23-2013

These updates are big on updating/overhauling the support role. Although perhaps a bit off topic, Soraka is a core support champion. Has there been any serious discussion on whether she will get a preseason overhaul/update? As much as I love Soraka, she needs some help. It is inevitably going to happen, so now would be as good of a time as any to get the job done. Sadly more gold and new items alone won't help her much.

Chronotakular

10-23-2013

Damn, Morello going IN on this thread. Props to you, Morello for putting up with these relentless insults and questions!

LVNsNASmurf

10-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Croustillant View Post
While waiting for Morello, you guys might like reading this :
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...eason_changes/

Edit : it comes from the top players that are in 'secret mission' for Riot.
Yeah, DL's screen shows some of who.

But thanks for the link.

Weegee7

10-23-2013

I hope Smite doesn't get removed. I'm a jungler and I really enjoy smiting things. Feels especially good to outsmite someone and secure a buff/Dragon/Baron.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-23-2013
39 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunsparce View Post
Damn, Morello going IN on this thread. Props to you, Morello for putting up with these relentless insults and questions!
Hehe - the hate has been light - people have been pretty cool about stuff, and are understandably curious about the new stuff!

Rozzeta

10-23-2013

So, this thread in a nutshet is Morello saying Soon(tm) to all questions?

Zerglinator

10-23-2013

Quote:
Pretty much, but for a completely justified reason. There's gonna be more information given THIS WEEK, so I don't think we have to wait too long.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2013

Quote:
That was how S3 was. They didn't announce it till around S2 ended, if memory serves.

aceofsween

10-23-2013

Morello, I have some questions about the Jungle items, particularly Madreds...

As it stands, the only Junglers that do not have an item that is tailor made for them are the auto-attack reliant ones. If they cannot make use of the Ancient Golem item, they are really out of luck because the current version of Madred's Razor and Wriggle's Lantern is... well to put it bluntly... it's garbage.

I tried to raise these concerns months ago to no avail. Spectral Wraith and Elder Lizard items have their issues, but they are so incredibly more gold efficient in terms of actual combat power than Wriggle's it's kinda disappointing. Champions like Yi, Tryndamere, Jax, even Trundle and Xin Zhao really need an item that gives them good offensive options and Wriggle's used to be that item.

I guess my question is... why did we wait an entire season for this?