Specific Rules Questions

First Riot Post
12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rootflyer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-13-2013

Hey there, summoners! Looking to get a little competitive and wanting to ask about two specific rules in this thread: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=2766828

3.1.3 states "The use of any settings exceeding the standard and permitted settings."

Does this include LoL Replay? I'd like to be able to record competitive games for reference and analysis, and the ldoestreams that are usually associated with competitive games doesn't have the same functionality as LoL Replay does.

3.1.6 states "The use of a game bug."

Is intention implied? Sometimes bugs happen, but this rule seems to imply that intentional and unintentional bugs could be cause for punishment. Also, is there a reference for known bugs and/or seemingly bugs that are actually working as intended? Example: Teleporting onto one of Zac's cell division blobs when his passive procs causes him to be temporarily invulnerable. Is this a bug or intended? Where can we go to get this information if something similar pops up?


Thanks In advance for your feedback! Looking forward to S4! ^_^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frozen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-13-2013

Not sure about the first, but for the second, its the USE of a bug, if bugs happen its a mistake and they decide what happens, if you use a bug like intentionally then its bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tiza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

10-22-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey Swipe!

Re: 3.1.3
Players are only allowed to change settings available through standard options menus. They aren't even allowed to plug anything into the computers other than a keyboard and mouse. No changes to .ini files, no third-party programs, nothing. The computers are actually equipped with a program called Deep Freeze, which restores default computer settings and files on restart.

Re: 3.1.6
This is an intentional use of a game bug to secure an advantage. If there's a bug that can be used that way that we know about, we usually disable the champion to prevent any concerns of exploiting. However, in the event that a player induces or manipulates a bug to their team's advantage, they'll get punished under this rule.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Windstorm

Member

10-22-2013

so Tiza, you might be able to answer this. I know that Razer and Logitech have been pushing their sidepads (Orbweaver, G13, Nostromo, etc) pretty hard recently for use in FPS and MOBA games, how are these handled under the current ruleset?

not going to get into the advantage vs disadvantage side of it, but it seems interesting to me that Razer and co would push these so hard if they were actually disallowed in competitive play.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MackleDoge

Senior Member

10-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
Re: 3.1.3
Players are only allowed to change settings available through standard options menus. They aren't even allowed to plug anything into the computers other than a keyboard and mouse. No changes to .ini files, no third-party programs, nothing. The computers are actually equipped with a program called Deep Freeze, which restores default computer settings and files on restart.
Does this include the customization of the GeneralCharacterData_Legacy.ini file that users can add into the Riot Games program file to customize the client side appearance of health, mana, energy, and shield bar colors and fades to either have a different color palette or assist them in distinguishing themselves from other allies in teamfights?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellpyre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeLamePun View Post
Does this include the customization of the GeneralCharacterData_Legacy.ini file that users can add into the Riot Games program file to customize the client side appearance of health, mana, energy, and shield bar colors and fades to either have a different color palette or assist them in distinguishing themselves from other allies in teamfights?
This was answered in another thread, but yes, that is considered an illegal modification for competitions. It's fine to do during non-competitive play on your personal account, but those modifications cannot be made to the client at a tournament.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyrrha Omega

Senior Member

10-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
Hey Swipe!

Re: 3.1.3
Players are only allowed to change settings available through standard options menus. They aren't even allowed to plug anything into the computers other than a keyboard and mouse. No changes to .ini files, no third-party programs, nothing. The computers are actually equipped with a program called Deep Freeze, which restores default computer settings and files on restart.

Re: 3.1.6
This is an intentional use of a game bug to secure an advantage. If there's a bug that can be used that way that we know about, we usually disable the champion to prevent any concerns of exploiting. However, in the event that a player induces or manipulates a bug to their team's advantage, they'll get punished under this rule.
I'm so confused. I violate the rules if I plug my phone into my computer to charge it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jassu

Senior Member

10-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
Hey Swipe!

Re: 3.1.3
Players are only allowed to change settings available through standard options menus. They aren't even allowed to plug anything into the computers other than a keyboard and mouse. No changes to .ini files, no third-party programs, nothing. The computers are actually equipped with a program called Deep Freeze, which restores default computer settings and files on restart.
That's kind of annoying. What if a player wants to change his or her health bar color?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MackleDoge

Senior Member

10-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellpyre View Post
This was answered in another thread, but yes, that is considered an illegal modification for competitions. It's fine to do during non-competitive play on your personal account, but those modifications cannot be made to the client at a tournament.
Alright, thanks for responding about this. I'll keep that in mind if I ever consider that level of play.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuicideSnowman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrrha Omega View Post
I'm so confused. I violate the rules if I plug my phone into my computer to charge it?
yes impending 50 day ban. r u this smrat in rl?


12