why is Mac Client so laggy?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infernal Frenzy

10-21-2013

I'm using i7 retina for my LoL Client. Can't play game on max screen resolution even though I already turned off most settings, FPS is always around 30. I had to down to like 75% resolution to be able to play Co-Op AI games because it will lag on team fights. I don't want to annoy others in normal games.

However, after BootCamp a Windows 7 into my Mac. I can play max resolution and enjoy normal games easily, FPS is around 50-60. That points out that it's not my pc's problem but it's the client's problem. Hope you guys can fix it.

Qsu

10-21-2013

if you're running max resolution with retina it probably won't run that well. If I recall, Bootcamp on the retina will not run retina resolution (2880x1800). You can try and set the resolution to more space (1920x1080) rather than "best for display" and see if it makes a difference?

Infernal Frenzy

10-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsu View Post
if you're running max resolution with retina it probably won't run that well. If I recall, Bootcamp on the retina will not run retina resolution (2880x1800). You can try and set the resolution to more space (1920x1080) rather than "best for display" and see if it makes a difference?
my windows in bootcamp can run retina display and full res in lol game, no lag, no issue.

lag just happens in mac client

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

10-23-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

It's possible that the retina scaling algorithm on Mac is slowing your performance. Try running in Full screen mode at a smaller resolution and see if that helps resolves your issue. If it does maybe we can investigate ways to disable retina scaling while League is running.

Also go to your energy saver options and make sure installing Maverick did not reset them.

Mcgreggor

10-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmeister View Post
It's possible that the retina scaling algorithm on Mac is slowing your performance. Try running in Full screen mode at a smaller resolution and see if that helps resolves your issue. If it does maybe we can investigate ways to disable retina scaling while League is running.

Also go to your energy saver options and make sure installing Maverick did not reset them.
Vsync off in game setting and as brent said make sure you go to your system preferences and select Higher Performance int he energy saver option this works 98.9% of the time. it doesn't hurt to reduce the resolution slightly either but with your specs i can understand why youd want to push it to the max!

best of luck man

dennishey

11-15-2013

hmmmmm

ButtKnocker

11-17-2013

Ik why it is slow... cause your useing a MAC