Skarner, I miss your kind

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

10-21-2013
31 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moobeat View Post
Hey Scruffy,

I noticed some of the numbers are different from your post vs what ended up on the PBE.

Crystal Slash's attack speed buff is 5 seconds not 6 seconds
Exoskeleton's cool down is still 18 seconds.
Mana cost of Fracture is 40/45/50/55/60 not 30/35/40/45/50

Are these an older or new version from what you posted friday?
Yes, good catch. The next PBE update will have the Exoskeleton cooldown at 14 seconds like I said. Also, fracture mana costs will be reduced to match the patch notes. The attack speed buff will remain at 5 seconds and I will update the patch notes.

Edit: these numbers are still not final so they may change again.

Moobeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Yes, good catch. The next PBE update will have the Exoskeleton cooldown at 14 seconds like I said. Also, fracture mana costs will be reduced to match the patch notes. The attack speed buff will remain at 5 seconds and I will update the patch notes.
Awesome! Thanks for the response.

wapster

10-21-2013

He feels pretty good, although I would suggest a slight buff to the damage numbers on his Q.

Hec dishes out 200 damage plus scaling on each of his 1.5s cd Q cleaves. It'd be nice if Skarner could deal a bit more damage as skarner and hec are both sort of the same niche jungler.

Chocmerc

10-21-2013

Who are you Scruffy? Are you the janitor? ;D

sleepisdeath

10-21-2013

I love the changes. They feel so right atm. Only thing i have to add. At a certain point if you got good enough stats his power level rises exponetialy.

RiotScruffy

Game Designer

10-21-2013
32 of 35 Riot Posts

Hey all, I have another quick update. We will be pulling Skarner off PBE tomorrow for just a few days so that we can totally lock down Xerath and Heimer testing. Play him today and collect whatever info you can and he should be back on PBE very soon.

Keep up the discussion, this is all very useful. Thanks!

YurFavoriteFurry

10-21-2013

Thank you for looking at our favorite Brackern. He really needs it.

Xeiom

10-21-2013

Really strong work here, I've found his mid game a little mana intensive. Even with spirit stone just throwing out a few q's to clear some jungle seems to run him out of mana before he can enter a lane to gank, other than that he's pretty much in a good spot.

Black Lister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-21-2013

Scruffy, can you address the concerns some of us have had about how this new Skarner's kit feels generic and how you've seemed to refuse to comment on any criticisms of the idea.

Seriously, stop ignoring us. We keep telling you the new Skarner feels very un-Skarner like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesLlamas View Post
All this says is: "You know that kit I told you about last time? Nothing is changed, but it's coming onto the PBE".

I understand that it's for summary's sake.

But I don't think we understand why it is that you ignored pages and pages and pages and pages of questions regarding (not the strength!) the uniqueness of the champion, and how this version of his Q and E are near carbon copies of Hecarim's rampage and Lulu's glitterlance. What fantasy do we get to fulfill now with the kit outside of his ultimate that we can't get somewhere else?

Locke64

10-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeiom View Post
Really strong work here, I've found his mid game a little mana intensive. Even with spirit stone just throwing out a few q's to clear some jungle seems to run him out of mana before he can enter a lane to gank, other than that he's pretty much in a good spot.
Are you using E at all in the jungle, or are Q and W alone running you dry?