[MASSIVE guide] The scoutís handbook guide to AP teemo

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MelonMiel

08-10-2009

ty for the guide JayceJa,

I started using Teemo with AP, but I guess I wasn't using the good items

what do you think on a full -CD rune spec build ?

thx

RiotJeffJew

Content Producer

08-10-2009
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Love the title to this guide

Logo

08-12-2009

I really like this guide, AP Teemo is a blast to play (and really given his abilities I don't know why you'd play him like a DPS).

My only question is on the item build. I'm not really sold on soulstealer, especially when I can get 2-3 Lucky Picks early for +50/+75 AP and the gold regen lets you progress to other items more effectively.

I do like the Scepter and Lich blade after that though.

Also is Nashor's a good idea for a late game item? You can grab the regen part mid game to help with your regen then fill out the rest of the item after lich and staff.

One other quick point, while evasion runes don't work well with blinding dart they should work pretty well with his movement boosting ability. If you dodge an attack will it de-activate the speed boost? If not it can make a lucky dodge your ticket to escape.

Autarc

08-17-2009

I really like your guide, great job JayceJa ^^

Teemo is my favorite champion so far and I played him certainly several times. He is really great, considering he is an allrounder who can push/scout/help/hunt. There is even a nice trick, that I just found out recently: Teemo can protect himself & his mates !
Yeah, really. He can use his mushrooms as shild/walls. They trigger as units and therefore absorb damage that come from a spell. Sometime its hard to time, but using his mushrooms - Teemo can easily conter rammus wheel attack or ammus hook (if you don't believe me, try it yourself)

Lets keep your guide updated (perhaps you can add this defense way at the mushrooms skill advices). Together, all bantam group members will refund the scout's handbook....

Mjollnir

08-19-2009

Has anyone else had the problem where a lot of teams do not really know how / do not take advantage of Teemo? I've taken to creating a mine field in the enemies jungles. The advantage of this is immense: it makes the opposing teams paranoid to walk through the jungle to properly reinforce their teammates (cause if they do, they will probably lose a nice chunk of their health before getting their), it offers advanced warning on reinforcements, and if a teammate pushes too far into a bad situation and needs to make an escape they can run into the jungle leading the opponent through many Bantam traps while possibly under the effect of my Trailblazer. Controlling the North or South lane becomes a breeze. It also offers a nice rallying as you can teleport to the mushrooms--I've used this multiple times to catch fleeing enemies by surprise. I have used this quite well with a friend playing Ashe to maraud and skirmish--jump out, take a few pot shots, finish with Ashe's ulti if necessary, and get a kill. Its so easy to escape and often the opposing team is willing to chase you through multiple bantam applications after you've done this long enough that you can pick a few more off.

Yet, MOST games I do things like this to set up scenarios of win, my teammates are clueless. I don't think many even know the mushrooms are a trap. So frustrating.

athan

09-29-2009

agreeded. so everytime when i play ap teemo. i shout out to my team first. i'm no dps. u'd better use my shrooms and gain an advantage in a fight or risk losing! LOL

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

09-29-2009
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Keep in mind this is outdated. It references the old clairvoyance/other things.

Fantajim

02-25-2010

outdated but still great guide ;D thx for this

T0ggle

02-25-2010

I bet if I was part of riot staff the **** I took would stop.
Someone told me the admins pay attention to the IRC, if you know about this tell me, seriously theres a major issue on the guides section needing to be addressed

The forum commuters have abused the rating system to control threads they don't like out of spite and their own selfish bias.
Now basicly all of my guides except for my shaco one has been closed!
For what? voicing my opinion? its not offensive content, so it should be open to the public.

Darkest Dawn

02-25-2010

Well done reviving such an old thread...

Clearly you are an intelligent person looking to right some terrible injustice
</sarcasm>

Also, even if the thread weren't outdated, you're wayyyyyyyy off topic.