So Ocelote makes 600K yearly from LOL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slashiroth

10-21-2013

the fact that he makes most of his money from merchandise (70%+) means that almost no other pro can even come close to oce's salary.

I think dyrus/oddone could start a business empire if they were business-savvy, like 'oceloteworld'

The thing with oce is that he has the looks, the passion and the personality. It was destined for him.

SanSarra

10-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrakill Amumu View Post
If I found the cure for babbling nonsense, I would make trillions of dollars and Ocelote jealous.
Not as much as if you found the cure for ******bagness bro.

SanSarra

10-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashiroth View Post
the fact that he makes most of his money from merchandise (70%+) means that almost no other pro can even come close to oce's salary.

I think dyrus/oddone could start a business empire if they were business-savvy, like 'oceloteworld'

The thing with oce is that he has the looks, the passion and the personality. It was destined for him.
I agree with the oceloteworld statement, but I may disagree over the amount. Actually ocelote doesn't win that much money in competitions unlike other teams (such as Fnatic, or SKT more recently). Aswell, their paycheck is way lower than say Koreans, the guys that imo could buy Ocelote's salary.

Hallows Evelynn

10-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSarra View Post
1) It's not that much money honestly, regarding the fact that, if you quit it, or don't play for so long which tends to happen to most pro players, well you don't have 2 PhDs to back this up. So over the long run, you and I will make more.

2) Don't forget e-sport by design is watched a lot. Cross motorbike isn't streamed so much. And If you're seen, it means ads found a nice spot to nest.

i agree, but id imagine that most players who play for a living and have no education higher than high school know that if they quit or perform poorly then they are kind of screwed. so i wouldnt see a reason why they would quit knowing this, unless there just that stupid.

a pro player named stephano over in the SC2 community actually PAUSED his education in medicine and started to play SC2 professionally. he made a good bit of money and then quit to go back to his studies. this is actually the smart thing to do seeing as esports is still not as mature as say the NBA/NFL/ or even the WWE ffs.

id say that anyone, even if you are successful at going pro, to have some form of education to fall back on in case things go wrong. if you are someone with a mindset like xj9 then well your screwing yourself for life.

Quadrakill Amumu

10-21-2013

Quote:
Not as much as if you found the cure for ******bagness bro.
No.

You only need one dose of cure for ******bagness for each ******bag, while each ******bag can spew hundreds if not thousands of loads of babbling nonsense a day. I am not interested in curing you outright; I am interested in you continuing to purchase my product as it turns your chronic illness into a manageable condition.

SanSarra

10-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistixz View Post
i agree, but id imagine that most players who play for a living and have no education higher than high school know that if they quit or perform poorly then they are kind of screwed. so i wouldnt see a reason why they would quit knowing this, unless there just that stupid.

a pro player named stephano over in the SC2 community actually PAUSED his education in medicine and started to play SC2 professionally. he made a good bit of money and then quit to go back to his studies. this is actually the smart thing to do seeing as esports is still not as mature as say the NBA/NFL/ or even the WWE ffs.

id say that anyone, even if you are successful at going pro, to have some form of education to fall back on in case things go wrong. if you are someone with a mindset like xj9 then well your screwing yourself for life.
Stefano is a friend and that's not exactly what happened, his family has a big gaming history .

To answer the rest of the post, when I see the length of most of pro players (i'd say around 2/3 years), it's not a big deal really. I've made changes in my studies and lost around 3 years, so it's basically the same. Also, on a CV after you've finished your studies, stating that you travelled around the world, had a business sense, pressure sense, teamplay is pretty good. I see that as if you say went to a worlwide trip for two years. It's actually pretty good for anything else after this

SanSarra

10-21-2013

Quote:
No.

You only need one dose of cure for ******bagness for each ******bag, while each ******bag can spew hundreds if not thousands of loads of babbling nonsense a day. I am not interested in curing you outright; I am interested in you continuing to purchase my product as it turns your chronic illness into a manageable condition.
Weren't you like talking about babbling nonsense?

Oh irony.

Quadrakill Amumu

10-21-2013

Quote:
Weren't you like talking about babbling nonsense?

Oh irony.
Weren't you like talking about ******bagness?

Oh irony.

SanSarra

10-21-2013

Quote:
Weren't you like talking about ******bagness?

Oh irony.
You can still flame/get angry/whatever you call it, but you could aswell make a post to stick with the subject.

Micalas

10-21-2013

I hope he's saving and investing. Gaming is a cool profession, but the body loses reation time. It's not a sustainable, long-term job. Even if you only made 600,000 Euros over your entire gaming career, it would be enough to live comfortably if you had at least a minorly decent skillset to get a new job later in life, and a good chunk of ivestments.