RiotPenguin's Fan Art for Fans!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotPenguin

Concept Artist

Follow RiotPenguin on Twitter

10-20-2013
13 of 59 Riot Posts

I helped concept Woad King Darius, so I couldn't resist doing this one

Woad Queen Diana, suggested by Kaelath The Red!

(Another rough, loose sketch -- I'm experimenting with different styles, trying to find which will allow me the best balance of quantity and quality)

Name:  WoadDiana.jpg
Views: 2256
Size:  242.4 KB

Brennivin

10-20-2013

What about Karma in light armor?

@IronStylus, you two should collaborate on such a thing. c;

Epjest

10-20-2013

Excellent job on Diana.

Here's a fun idea for ya.. but might be a bit hard, Yordle Filled Mordekaiser (Like how kids hold each other up to put on grown up clothes). Aka: YordleKaiser

ZeonCapren

10-20-2013

Wow, amazing artwork @RiotPenguin! They take a whole new perspective on champion splash art and lore.

Now or my suggestions !:
Dragon Ball Syndra
Void Knight Tryndamere

CamoClad

10-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotPenguin View Post
I helped concept Woad King Darius, so I couldn't resist doing this one

Woad Queen Diana, suggested by Kaelath The Red!

(Another rough, loose sketch -- I'm experimenting with different styles, trying to find which will allow me the best balance of quantity and quality)

Attachment 805059

HOLY BALLZ!!!! This is amazing and I couldn't throw money at my screen fast enough for a skin like that. Strait up Red Sonja style there.

I have been tossing around some concepts sketches for a Sun Goddess Quinn that uses a quetzalcoatl instead of a bird of prey. After looking for reference material for inspiration on the Aztec style armors, weapons, etc for Quinn I came across the sword called "maquahuitl" and thought that a natural choice for the Sun Goddess skin series is Leona. With that sword and plenty of designs to pull from for a shield the Sun Goddess Leona skin seems like a great fit.

Beyond that I figure that other plausible skins would be Wild West Lucian, Blacksmith Taric, Dino Rider Sejuani, Skunk or Armadillo Teemo, Special Forces Ashe or Varus, Native American Udyr, Outback Sivir, Full Metal Rumble, Caveman Olaf, Woad King Nasus, and Cactus Zyra.

So many concepts, so little time to make them a reality :-S

PS
How is Peter Griffin's dance to Surfin' Bird not a dance for any champion in this game? lol

LilTrinket

10-20-2013

Escaped Convict Jinx! (OR)Zombie Hunter Jinx!

Hrud

10-20-2013

Wasp Elise, pls.

Chaman Lulu.

Radio-announcer Draven.

Baobab Maokai.

Vampire Quinn.

Acolyte Vi. ( Vi as a monk, close to the one in Lee Sin's skin.)

Lightning Nocturne. (Fully made of thunder and clouds).

Pirate Lucian.

RiotPenguin

Concept Artist

10-20-2013
14 of 59 Riot Posts

So Talohmiir suggested Salamander Fizz (like the animal), but I couldn't help but take it in a sliiiightly different direction

Name:  SalamanderFizz.jpg
Views: 2058
Size:  488.6 KB

Rengar my love

10-20-2013

It would mean the world to me and a few others of you could do a spin on Battlebunny Rengar (seen here http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3887441) <3

RiotPenguin

Concept Artist

10-20-2013
15 of 59 Riot Posts

Also, a while back, Xelandra asked about my process for these sketches, so I saved out a quick step by step

(For the last two steps I did a little touch up with painting and blend layers like Soft Light and Multiply, but most of the heavy lifting was done using 'Gradient Map' Adjustment Layers, which are AWESOME. If you don't use them, I'd suggest looking up tutorials on how they work. Super useful tool.)

Enjoy!

Name:  SalamanderFizz_Steps.jpg
Views: 2521
Size:  1,006.4 KB