Ideas for the eventual Taric VU

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masquerade4927

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Bring on your ideas. Now's the time!
Hi IronStylus, I was thinking that taric could use his hammer with both hands, then when he activates his crystal shield it would begin to grow on his arm, (similar to lissandras ice around her legs) then he can smash it and he would go back to holding his hammer with two hands.

LVNsNASmurf

10-18-2013

Quote:
Soo.. yeah. Might have been looking at this for some reference.

That and the 3D model someone linked.

They're both good options, I guess it depends where we want to take him. Should he be an armored knight that likes gems? Or literally have his armor made of crystal? Or something totally different?
IS. You should be going full on crystal armour. In addition, as a cool particle effect, while ulting, it should change colours through the colours of gems that are in his VO lines.

MobiIe Ward

10-18-2013

He should have armor made out of the carapace of Skarner's kind.

MobiIe Ward

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade4927 View Post
Hi IronStylus, I was thinking that taric could use his hammer with both hands, then when he activates his crystal shield it would begin to grow on his arm, (similar to lissandras ice around her legs) then he can smash it and he would go back to holding his hammer with two hands.
This is a good idea!

Lorkhaj

10-18-2013

With the exception of the triangle feet I rather like his current general design so I hope it doesn't deviate too much from the armor adorned with a superfluous amount of gems on the shoulders look. It would be nice if his aa animations/sound assets had some more weight to them too.

He definitely needs to keep his weapon a hammer, though I suppose a suitably ornate mace might be acceptable. Perhaps, if model mutations aren't too much of a pain, have using Shatter cause his model's shield to shatter and have him switch to a two-hand hold on his hammer until the armor bonus returns.

Also, I know it's not your department but he could really use some more mana regen. When his passive changed the design team kind of forgot that his old passive was making up the difference for his base regen being insanely low on a character who primarily functions through skill use.

drakon136

10-18-2013

As long as you get William Shatner to voice him, I don't care what you do.

Dethsplosion

10-18-2013

Quote:
Soo.. yeah. Might have been looking at this for some reference.

That and the 3D model someone linked.

They're both good options, I guess it depends where we want to take him. Should he be an armored knight that likes gems? Or literally have his armor made of crystal? Or something totally different?
@IronStylus
Make Tarics ultimate feel and look like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGy5Z...utu.be&t=2m16s
Please!! LIKE REALLY PLEASE!! RIOT PLZ!

Zerictm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2013

He needs to, at the very minimum, have a crystal shield be his identifier.

Jamochawoke

10-18-2013

He's already wielding a 2 handed hammer... he's just wielding it with one hand.

Taric is pretty strong.

Hidden Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2013

Why not have him use hammer + shield normally and completely shatter the shield during his ultimate going into two-handed stance? Seems appropriate.